Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thieving Scumbags

davidrof

Just set up my business, going really well....then some scumbag comes along and steals my pure freedom water trolley, ew3200 high pressure washer, tools and satnav, devasted to say the least. I am in the West Yorkshire area, so if you hear of any scrotum trying to sell them on let the police know. Both brand new, pressure washer only used twice....Lock you stuff up!!!!

I'm absolutely gutted for you David to hear that news....

May I ask where was the kit at the time and was it insured?

Depends if the loss was insured for business tools or not Hotwash.

My understanding is If stolen from a van not locked up but tools were insured then most insurance companies will not pay out.

If stolen from a shed or garage most domestic policies do not cover tools for bussines on a standard home contents insurance policy.

Get onto your insurance company and get replacement.

Keep your eye on eBay David, they may try and sell the gear on there. Specially if the seller is from Yorkshire!

Mate of mine had his motorbike nicked. He was on the lookout for another exactly the same. Saw one on eBay, went to look at it and it was his!

Insurance has an excess off £500, about a grand lost and the inconvenience, thanks for the support lads...gear was chained up in the van, and for the police, not even coming round..got an incident number from some fella in a call centre..JOKE...just hope the insurance pay out, but still down bigtime!!!!

well gutted for ya mate, i suffer with bad paranoya and i am scared of waking up and having my bk doors open. i got a sterling lock on the back of my doors but thats just to slow them down really. check gumtree aswell mate, its a known place crooks and get rid of stolen stuff.

They want locking up. Know how yer feel mate. I know it's not as much as you but about a year back had a pole nicked off the top of my van. I'd cut there fingers off.

ive got an alarm that i havent fitted yet, its spose to attach to the interior lights but my lights are cream crackered.

Just set up my business, going really well....then some scumbag comes along and steals my pure freedom water trolley, ew3200 high pressure washer, tools and satnav, devasted to say the least. I am in the West Yorkshire area, so if you hear of any scrotum trying to sell them on let the police know. Both brand new, pressure washer only used twice....Lock you stuff up!!!!
Feel for you, I had my car stolen, ladders were chained to roofrack, all my Trad gear was in back of car.Never saw any of it again.

At the time I had no garage, so on street parking was my downfall.

I don't leave any gear in van overnight.

Hoses, ladders go in garage, which is alarmed.

Pole goes in house.

Hope things pick up for you over the coming weeks.

rs2315.

A simple trigger alarm would run fine from a small hidden battery. Just a thin wire wrapped round the gear. If circuit breaks then alarm goes mental. Could hide a siren in the engine bay.

In fact im going to do it myself, wouldnt like to imagine how u feel, sorry dude /emoticons/sad.png

i bought mine from maplins, was a cheapo 29.99 alarm but works on the interior lights, my lights dont work when u open the doors so pointless. i think it works on vibration aswell, i was going to put it in the van hidden behind my water tank. they couldnt get to it and it would make the scumbags deaf then.

Thought this was a cheap good idea if you have to work out of site off your van with the back doors open.

What do you think?

Latest Posts

Back