Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Would You Buy Please?

shazzy692002

I need to change my hose. As its starting to fall apart, as it came with the business, I don't know what to go for next.

I think I just have a 50m "normal hose" is it 1/2"?. I have a reel. am looking to get a 100m will it fit on my reel if I get a thinner hose?. Not a problem, as I can always cut it down....

I will also need all connections to connect hose to pole and hose reel to van.?

If anyone can recommend this will me muchly appreciated. Even more appreciated with links. :Image14:

I am also looking to get a cheaper ish 28ish ft pole which will only be used on a Friday by my worker for about 6 hours, I don't want to spend over board as u never know how much respect it will get.

Once again any help is much appreciated. :Image1:

Thanks boys.

Ebay item number. Links are not working, its really starting to P me off

For hose connection pop in to B&Q there only a quid each
I did nt realise you could but connections that fits the end of pole from homebase?

Ebay item number. Links are not working, its really starting to P me off

For hose connection pop in to B&Q there only a quid each
Can I move to a 6mm even thou I have 1/2" hose at the mo. was not sure of the water preasure???

You said you wanted something cheap that won't get abused by your worker. It's a swear word on here but the Brodex alloy pole is well under £100 and can withstand a lot of punishment. It's a heavier pole but suits your brief.

I was in same boat as you, didnae have a clue what hoses and fittings, someone recommended Gardiner Pole systems, i just bought a clx 27 for my worker, £160 and you can get the hose and fittings you need on same website, the pole is sturdy enough and a great starter pole IMO , CHECK IT OUT

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/cl-x-carbon-composite-pole.html

Dunno whats wrong with the link, anyway i have 100m off 8mm hose on my reel, get rectus 21 male and female fittings, also available from Gardiner website /emoticons/smile.png

I used to use just 10 mm od petrol hose and wondered if it'd be agro (a) rigging it to a garden reel and (b) when I went to microbore how hard would it be, and neither posed any problems I can remember, and don't think there was anything I couldn't solve with a jubilee clip. I bought 60 m of 6mm microbore and a hose reel for less than a tonne, the reel comfortably holds 60 m, I reckon it'd take 100, as I still use a cheap plaggy garden reel at the mo, which has held the 60m for about a year now and is nowhere near as big or robust.

Regards pole, the worlds your clam, one question worth asking, and you probably have, is do you have that much stuff that's knocking 30 foot? Do you need 2 poles that length or could you get away with a 20 with the option of adding a section later if need be, if it's a clx or something that is.

Thanks for your help guys. I do have 17ft slx and love it. reaches nearly everything. But my Friday guy does get the bigger houses. so would prefere a 28fy for him. (I will need to use his pole once every 6 weeks)

So basically a 6mm or 8mm pole will not affect me water preasure. That's good.

I have seen a hose on a reel for £116. which I might go for. 100m. thought that was a good price. (don't need a reel but spose its good to have a spare)

Gardeners had a sale on, but the one I want is sold out. GUTTED. :Image12:

I have a brand new hose reel here, purchased from Gardiner and it won't fit in my van space lol.

It's the 37£ one.

I could also do you a price on new Gardiner hose 8mm

Or

Used microbore hose. (4 weeks use)

Or microbore hose on a 2 week old hose reel.

All reels are metal.

Apparently shazzy, you get better flow on 8mm than 6, but doubt it'll be relevant unless your pump is getting worn

It's the 37£ one.

I could also do you a price on new Gardiner hose 8mm

Or

Used microbore hose. (4 weeks use)

Or microbore hose on a 2 week old hose reel.

All reels are metal.
Whats the difference between microbore and 8mm gardiners? I also need prices with p&p.

Whats the difference between microbore and 8mm gardiners? I also need prices with p&p.
6mm and 8mm

Micro is 6mm. Mini is 8mm

8mm when full of water weighs a ton lol.

8mm if for more flow really.

Will weigh it then and see what's what.

Back