Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Way To Expand ?

harunh

as a 1 man a band what is the best way to expand ?

i mean in getting another worker on the show

I was thinkin i could get a 2 man setup from my van and put someone on with me full time and do 40 jobs per day , i could do 15 extra jobs per day and that could bring in an extra 100 quid

How do u all find staff to work for u ?

currently you say you have 200 customers so how could you afford to employ another person with a small round like that , would you not wait until you have a full round then maybe look at expanding

Im not saying im gonna expand yet when i get up to about 400 i know ill need to expand so am just asking

Im currently on 214

find someone who is comfortable on ladders then offer all of your customers gutter cleaning /emoticons/smile.png

your barely a year trading and going well , you would want to have a breakdown on your first years turnover and see how you stand after you deduct all your expenses , did you tell us that your paying 3k a year van insurance , also prices are low in your area , id say your a long way from expansion :Image4:

Nothing wrong in thinking big H but unless you want to start loosing customers and money now is not the time to even bother to think about taking on anybody else.

When you get to the point when your books are full and I don't mean only 400 customers either then maybe only then should you ask that question.

Going down 25% next month as i get my no claims bonus /emoticons/smile.png

Am doing very well at the moment /emoticons/smile.png and i reckon ill have 400 customers before september

Nice one H...

Remember it's not all about how many customers you have but what turnover/profift you can make.

After saying that you are building up a nice little business for yourself so far play to you. Well done!

Like Smurf said it's about turnover /profit.remember to walk before you run as I've been in the trade all my life but only been on my own for 5.

There are plenty of pitfuls your doing well but stack up enough so you ve got a decent living and only when you can't cope and really need to then take someone on,that's what I'm doing.

as a 1 man a band what is the best way to expand ?

i mean in getting another worker on the show

I was thinkin i could get a 2 man setup from my van and put someone on with me full time and do 40 jobs per day , i could do 15 extra jobs per day and that could bring in an extra 100 quid

How do u all find staff to work for u ?
Prices have to be right first, and then the amount of customers/work. How much is a staff member going to cost you£15k, £20k etc? How much do you want them to make you each year £30k, £40k etc?

Richard

I know its about turnover profit, i know how much ill be turning over when im on 400 customers n i know once im on 400 customers im gona get real busyy so was just thinkin ahead

If you struggling with water now, don't forget to factor in a bigger van.

When you can't cope with work them you go through the round for another year replacing lower priced work with higher priced work.

Try to get a min price for every house. £12 is a nice figure.

U cant get 12 pound average up my way mate... No chance lol most of my houses are like 2 bedroom houses that i charge 6 pound for

Ill be stopping free cleans once i hit 300 customers /emoticons/smile.png

U cant get 12 pound average up my way mate... No chance lol most of my houses are like 2 bedroom houses that i charge 6 pound for

Ill be stopping free cleans once i hit 300 customers /emoticons/smile.png
free cleans?

U cant get 12 pound average up my way mate... No chance lol most of my houses are like 2 bedroom houses that i charge 6 pound forIll be stopping free cleans once i hit 300 customers /emoticons/smile.png
Blimey but then I bet you can do two £6 houses in the time it takes todo a £12 house......

Keep at it.

Back