Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Pole...

Well I would 100% say Gardiner. But will just get told I'm being a sheep.

22ft is a nice pole. Then you can buy a couple of extensions to make it 30 odd foot if needed

everyone will say that because thats nearly all they use and never have used the phoenix, or maybe never used another pole

gardiners have the name, its like a designer lable thing with some window cleaners,

ive used both brands, not the brand new gardiner ones, and so far the phoenix for me has won.

Main difference seems to be the clamps, people say the gardiners are rubbish, and can trap your fingers, don't have a problem with them myself and think you'd have to be doing something daft or have fingers like bananas to trap them, and the new range have improved clamps. Biggest gardiner advantage at present is you can add sections and go a lot higher, at least I think that's still the case!

Main difference seems to be the clamps, people say the gardiners are rubbish, and can trap your fingers, don't have a problem with them myself and think you'd have to be doing something daft or have fingers like bananas to trap them, and the new range have improved clamps. Biggest gardiner advantage at present is you can add sections and go a lot higher, at least I think that's still the case!
the phoenix extentions will be ready for sale with in a month after talking to mike about them

There you go rick, if you go Phoenix just put your 50 foot stuff back a month! (can't find the smilies and the codes don't work!)

If you have the money go for carbon fibre.. So much easier and quicker to clean, lighter and rigid. A composite or fibre glass are hard work.. I use an slx22 but need a clx27 for a few windows and I absolutely hate the clx now I've been carbon.. But my next pole is going to be a facelift carbon pole

iv used a few makes of poles and for me gardiners are the best by a long shot clamps do spin after a while but there just about to release new ones , never used a pheonix so can comment on them they do look nice though

Also depending where in Plymouth you working as central you going to need 40 to 45 ft pole. If the suburbs minimum 22ft pole. I have a 35ft carbon composite pole going cheap to someone local.

addict hi. i am happy to look for work anywhere at the mo!!! recycling the van!!!! it had all i needed in it. apart from poles and pipes. tell me more about your pole!!!!

i guess if you don't buy the pole off hotwash,then i would go for the phoenix hands down,i have gardiners slx and clx so i have compared all three whilst using them-the phoenix wins by a mile-my newest phoenix 22 should/will pay for itself within one month just by the sheer speed of it,this means i can fit extra jobs in the day-one tip though go with a gardiner brush

Well I can't reach my front bedroom windows with the clx 18,have to use the clx 22. You have to think about cars parked in the way and having to go over them. For example I did a deep clean down inverdene road by the park there. Needed 35ft just to reach the front guttering. Clx 22 only just reached the top windows. Just get an add on from gardiner to make it longer, an extra section will make it a 22.

Oh and around the back of mine I need 30ft to reach back bedroom windows. Just use the phoenix pole. Places like Plymstock, Plympton, Ivybridge, estover, leigham, Devonport would probably be ok with the 18 as that's the places the other half works with me and the clx 18 is all she uses, she doesn't do guttering work though.

Latest Posts

Back