Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Speed Guns And Tickets

JDMW

how long does it take for the ticket to come in the post and what is the law on a time scale etc.

i was told they have to send you it within 14 days of the offense and if you ask to see the proof you can get it thrown out, dunno how true this is. yes i was a bad boy and no excuse i was speeding. 38 in a 30 on a hill going down.

Sounds about right!

I was done for 37 in a 30...

Had to go on a speed awareness couse cause of first offence and being of a young age(23 @ the time)(this time last year)

they were hid behind trees, i saw no cop cars or anything of authority. just one person with a gun and someone else with a notepad writing the plates down. they both had high viz jackets and wasnt in line with the road, they were basically aiming diagnal 20 feet in the hedge. thats not a true reading if ya not level is it. i have a good mind to ask for photographic proof. it wasnt in my work van it was in my car aswell and i was spose to be working but took that morning off to go get fence panels which were on my roof. i could be a complete toerag and say it wasnt me my car only gets used weekends which normally it does.

If are you over the speed limit and they use a radar gun you are stopped there and then by police.

You are talking about an NIP

Notification Of Intent to Proscute.

They have 14 WORKING days to issue one.

If you are caught by a speeding van or fixed camera. Then you dont need to be stopped.

You my friend have been through a community speed trap. You will get a letter stating you was speeding and usually that's it.

The loophole you are on about was closed years ago. If you can't provide who was driving

Then you get 6 points lol. So that old chestnut don't work.

damo i love you /emoticons/biggrin.png **** IM SAFE !! they hid i cudnt see them. i always thought a copper pulled you 1 mile up the road but i never saw him.

but on google it said a sumons i gotta fill it in and send 60 quid and my licence and get 3 points. there was a thing on the radio that thames valley police were doing speed checks but i seriously never thought they would do it like this, i mean 20 foot from the kerb behind trees ffs. how can that be accurate. its basically saying a speed camera on the side of the road can get oncoming traffic for speeding when it cant. im going to call them and ask for certificate of calibration for the speed gun and photographic proof coz them cameras have been known to pick up bbrick walls going 50mph before. i wouldnt care bout the points to be honest but £60 fine. OR pay 79.50 to go on a course. i aint got time to go on a course to watch videos.

If you were not pulled there and then, I don't expect you will hear anything.....

Does not really matter if they were in a bush or a ten ton lorry, at the end of the day you should have not been speeding. There is a reason for speed limits. If a child had of run out in front of your car and you were speeding then you would have never of forgiven yourself.

Rant over, cos I never speed in my sports car haha. :Image3:

You can't get a ticket from a radar gun because there is no evidence.

If it was police you would have been stopped.

A summons is when evidence is present ie a still photograph taken from a video clip. Or a photo from a gatso.

For instance if you go through a speed camera (gatso) and it flashed once you have got away away with it. Twice and you have been done. Because its works out time x speed = distance rule.

Only exception is travelo speed camera. They take one photo.

my uncle had one for going 34 in a 30 and got off with it, it said slow down were watching you etc etc.

£60 fine and 3 points or £90 and do a speed awareness course, if they offer that, then choose, it, might cost more but it does not go on license!

I had it too you know, I never saw them and I was caught speeding!

A month later I was looking on the net for locations of these vans and came across pictures, they were hiding in the bushes at the bottom of the bridge, parked illegally and all!

Nothing you can do now pal, to avoid anything, just have to go along with whatever they give you and accept it, sorry pal.

They are filming all the time with a radar gun. Then when they spot a speeder they press a button and take a snap shot.

Hand held guns. Can't do this yet.

Back