Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gained A Job From A Johnny Come Lately Wfp Guy Today

just cos u got one off a WFP well all WFP washes wer trad at sum pont and a lot of sqegy washes wor dun with shamys

just cos u got one off a WFP well all WFP washes wer trad at sum pont and a lot of sqegy washes wor dun with shamys
Actually not all were Daley, H for instance.
No offence meant there H I just used you as an example.

There's loads of houses out there that have never been trad. New ones that have gone up in last 5 years may never have been traded before.

was there any difference in price?
Same, I thought it was going to be a walk away job when she described it over the phone. As it happens it's a good 'un. Reason she wants trad is there's hard water stains that the pole ain't shifting. Virasol do it? I've got 5 litres but never used it yet.

I think, given the choice, most domestics will choose trad. It takes a while for the masses to move on, in fact I know of a woman who will still only accept them done pre squeegee way, ie, dunking chamois!

its not long a go that converted a shamy window cleaner to sqegy and this windy started as a 12 year old with his dad and now in his 60tys

I think, given the choice, most domestics will choose trad. It takes a while for the masses to move on, in fact I know of a woman who will still only accept them done pre squeegee way, ie, dunking chamois!
My god. Somebody who has actually speaks some sense. It's been a while on here lol.

lol i was Trad over 16 years and still Trad certain bungalows. I now pick up more and more customers who had a Trad window cleaner and who now want WFP. If you do a proper job WFP wins. All my customers prefer WFP most say they would never go back to Trad methods again. The problem is there are to many WFP guys not doing the job right like not rinsing or bothering to do frames and sills, or have there PPM to high and giving themselves and the WFP a bad name. Never had one complaint yet about WFP. Keep your PPM at 0 and risnse do frames and sills and you wont have any problems!

Last month for example, the daughter of a customer of mine saw her mothers windows i did using wfp, she wanted hers done with wfp, so she ended up dropping her Trad window cleaner and i ended up getting 5 of her neighbours too all of which used to have a Trad window cleaner. The fact you can reach windows on sloping roof and above conservatory roofs etc makes all the difference!

I know a cleaner by me who has gone back trad from wfp he says his customers prefer trad over wfp .

Me myself I can do both so im not fussed tbh .
Then he must of been doing a very bad job! Says it all really

lol i was Trad over 16 years and still Trad certain bungalows. I now pick up more and more customers who had a Trad window cleaner and who now want WFP. If you do a proper job WFP wins. All my customers prefer WFP most say they would never go back to Trad methods again. The problem is there are to many WFP guys not doing the job right like not rinsing or bothering to do frames and sills, or have there PPM to high and giving themselves and the WFP a bad name. Never had one complaint yet about WFP. Keep your PPM at 0 and risnse do frames and sills and you wont have any problems!

Last month for example, the daughter of a customer of mine saw her mothers windows i did using wfp, she wanted hers done with wfp, so she ended up dropping her Trad window cleaner and i ended up getting 5 of her neighbours too all of which used to have a Trad window cleaner. The fact you can reach windows on sloping roof and above conservatory roofs etc makes all the difference!
Down ere there's more of us trad then wfp & talking to them they all pick up jobs from wfp chaps because as you said there's so many that do a bad job. Long may it continue lol. One thing I would say is I don't thing wfp wins all the time. I think there both good in there own way & both clean the same.

Down ere there's more of us trad then wfp & talking to them they all pick up jobs from wfp chaps because as you said there's so many that do a bad job. Long may it continue lol. One thing I would say is I don't thing wfp wins all the time. I think there both good in there own way & both clean the same.
Same here, there are more trads then wfp round here, I have seen someone clean a pub trad aswell,this week(by cloths as all are leaded windows)

Ur right posh,we are both in same Manor,well over 30 jobs of wfp who don't traditional.one firm from Suffolk,they go to sawston as well.bu the way I've got house for you £10.00 will ring bloke tomorrow and pm you his number.

Back