Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rinse Aid

CNS-southwest

Just another one of my crazy thoughts.

As you all know I actually do more car cleaning that window cleaning.

Well I use a product called rinse aid, you may have heard of demon shine which is similar?

http://www.carchem.co.uk/wax-rinse-5-litre-p-202.html

Basically what it does is makes all the water run off, so it appears almost dry immediately and reduces spotting, runs and watermarks.

So could you not use this with wfp?? To aid the rinsing and to reduce the "you left my windows wet" conments

Might be on the completely wrong track but just thought it might be a good idea lol

Just another one of my crazy thoughts. As you all know I actually do more car cleaning that window cleaning. Well I use a product called rinse aid, you may have heard of demon shine which is similar? http://www.carchem.co.uk/wax-rinse-5-litre-p-202.html Basically what it does is makes all the water run off, so it appears almost dry immediately and reduces spotting, runs and watermarks. So could you not use this with wfp?? To aid the rinsing and to reduce the "you left my windows wet" conments Might be on the completely wrong track but just thought it might be a good idea lol
It wont work tried it with demon shine! attracts dust like a magnet on glass! cracking shine though! all those rinse aids are just drying aids hence why it makes the water sheet of a car!

How quickly does it attract the dust? I'm surprised it attracts dust anymore than being wet as it doesn't on a car
Ok the problems you will get are spotting! if you read the info on these products it does tell you to dry the surface and to not leave it to dry on the surface as it can leave spotting! not ideal for glass!
how fast does it attract dust well that all depends! i did a hotel windows (trad) in the demon shine and got a call 2hrs later to say the windows were a mess! had a look and it looked like a dull hase all over the glass! now these windows were dry when i left and were shinning like new! but as there is wax in these products that is the only thing i can think of that is attracting the dust!

@ James,

Have you tried the Ecover dishwasher rinse aid, or have an idea of what kind of results you would get if added to your water, trad or wfp.

@ James,

Have you tried the Ecover dishwasher rinse aid, or have an idea of what kind of results you would get if added to your water, trad or wfp.
Perhaps it would be easier to explain if i knew what it was you were trying to do with it?

Back