Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Long Does It Take To Clean Windows ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dasslr1

94 to go
hi guys im new to this site ,so be nice lol.

i used to do window cleaning a few years back ,i did it for seven years .after i did window cleaning i ended up in a dead end job making money for some1 else.thats when i decided to go back to window cleaning.best thing i ever did ,the only thing is i feel like i take ages cleaning 1 house . lets say this 1 house has 4 bay windows at front and 1 small window on the door and the same for the back.

so thats 8 windows and 2 small windows,it takes me about 35 mins .

also iv been told im quite cheap,for this "1house" id charge £9.20.

what is every1s thoughts ,do i need to speed my work up or is that good for a window cleaner,plus is this prices concidered the going rate so to speak?

{£1 per bay window and 60p per small window}

i

Thats way way way to cheap for bay windows .

Theres 1 house I do that has 2 bays on the front and I charge £10 just for the front !

For a normal 3 bed semi round my end without a bay window I charge £10

I would say always round off too you dont wanna be walking round with pockets full of change .

I try and aim for £10 per house for a normal 3 bed semi but depending how many windows the price varies

I also charge around £9 for a 2 bed house too .

Ho2 many panes are in the bays that you are speaking off ?

Work out what you want to earn per hour. Use the price per window as a guide.

You can have 2 houses with the same amount of windows but one takes way longer than the other.

Work out what you want to earn per hour. Use the price per window as a guide.
You can have 2 houses with the same amount of windows but one takes way longer than the other.
Too right M I have 8 in a culdesac all fairly big semis all identical but 2 on the end take about 10 minutes longer every time. Weird.

there are 3 panes on the bay window.like the idea of rounding the price up to the nearist pound ,hate having change.lol

were are u from g, lifer and dj scim ?

doesnt the location affect the pricing ,im in lancashire and iv heard london window cleaner charge way more then i would .

Yeah I'm near Mansfield mate prices aren't great here. Sis lives in rastrick up near Huddersfield and pays around same as here.

were are u from g, lifer and dj scim ?doesnt the location affect the pricing ,im in lancashire and iv heard london window cleaner charge way more then i would .
Prices vary even within counties......for example, in derbyshire, the peak district area attracts far greater prices than areas such as chesterfield.

must be the area H an easy two bedroom six quick windows two guys no longer 15mins £5

there are guys in the town doing same houses for £4 they are keeping the prices down

I would look at it this way..... £9.20 for 35mins work = £18.40 for 70mins work.

That means about £18 per hour.

Not bad.... And Im guessing not many could earn that per hour in normal job!!!

does sound good wen u put it that way

I would look at it this way..... £9.20 for 35mins work = £18.40 for 70mins work.

Then take of your expenses.

Realistically it would not be £18 a hour, as your next job may be 10 min drive away, so that all has to be added up. I think the minimum wage is just over £6, Im sure you will be earning about £15, which im sure is still a very good wage.

The house does sound a bit cheap tho, I would charge about £12 to £15. But I live in Suffolk. Could make a difference.

Realistically it would not be £18 a hour, as your next job may be 10 min drive away, so that all has to be added up. I think the minimum wage is just over £6, Im sure you will be earning about £15, which im sure is still a very good wage.

The house does sound a bit cheap tho, I would charge about £12 to £15. But I live in Suffolk. Could make a difference.
what are the prices like in Suffolk , I'm just up the road from you in norwich, prices are rubbish hear!

what are the prices like in Suffolk , I'm just up the road from you in norwich, prices are rubbish hear!
A standard 3 bed is between £10 and £12, takes about 20 min. I only work part time, I earn between £100-£150 a day, 10-14 houses.

Back