Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Was Due A Custy Like This.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDMW

im well angry at the min so ill try to keep this clean.

went to a custy today and done her windows, they dried perfect, i checked them before i left and they were great. i gets a text saying no thank you, im cancelling. i sent what you on about i cleaned your windows. she said you aint been since march, i said i came april 9th coz the kids were off school and i had my girl with me and YOU paid me at the door as normal. she said you aint been since march and i need a regular reliable cleaner not some cowboy who comes when the sun shines. im always strict and i always give my customers time slots so they can be in etc. then after i told her id done it them months she said im not happy with the backs there dirsy still and theres rain water marks on the glass. i said shall i educate you. rain water doesnt leave marks on the glass only tap water does that. then she replied with dont get all smart and cocky with me. so i just left it. then i get a message from her new bloke. ( army guy who thinks hes owed something with a chip on his shoulder type ) he said if you come round now mate we can sort it face to face man to boy. i was soooo tempted to go round there but i dont wanna get arrested for assult. so i sat bk and said look you owe me £20 for todays work which was spotless when i left as the sun shines and dried the glass fast in this weather. if not ill pass it onto my solicitor. then i got YOU AINT GOT A CONTRACT, PROVE WE LET YOU CLEAN OUR WINDOWS. i sent bk your clever, i think you need eliminating from the gene pool you fool you just admitted it in a text. he sends bk i admitted nothing so come round here i want words with you. ive only ever had 2 complaints in 2 years. if they didnt wanna pay just say i cant afford it but to do that really got my goat up!! im going to go put a red letter in her box in 2 weeks and if i get nothing i will forget the cash and just do things my way. cooking oil needs changing in my fryer i think !!

nothing you can do, just leave and then dirty up there in windows when you know they aint in, you go near them and i guarantee, the police will be called, after you threated them

I think maybe you could have handled it a wee bit better than you did instead of getting angry with both ppl.

What are you like...very funny though :Image13:

I got one today, I cleaned her last month and went today and cleaned them. she called and said she was not happy and meant to call last month but forgot and that there was still dirt on the windows (which is ********) I washed them and rinsed them exactly the same as I do all the other 300 customers. I could not bother even arguing I just said oh well have a nice day.

why are her fronts ok then and her backs were dirty and spotted?? same water same way i cleaned. she was trying to pull a fast one. never had one complaint bout spots and dust. there words were i had no contract so they can cancel and not pay me and i cant do nothing bout it. i need to take this as a lesson learnt and find a way to stop ppl not paying and make them by law. but ppl hate contracts or terms of service.

update: i take pride in my work and always do an A1 job. they were prefect when i left her house. i even take pics now and again and post on facebook.

you can try and take them to court, but you need her full name, full address, date of birth and house phone number, but would cost your more than it is worth

i have that info lmao, even have the texts saying all the stuff. ill just try the red letter that looks important, get a mate to do it for me at her work. saying if its not paid she will be black listed. i have terms and cond on my invoices so ppl dont forget to pay. i charge £3 each week there payments late or over due. let her top it up i dont mind. all new customers get it and read it. its to keep ppl trained to pay me and since i did this they pay the same day but theres alllllways one

i would just see it as a lession learned.

tell all other window cleaners in the street she dont pay so stay well clear.....

u dont want them slagging u off to there friends neighours and on your fb wall......

in time u could get the windows egged lol

nwcs i like that last bit haha. to many nosey ppl on her street, good job i have a car aswell /emoticons/biggrin.png lol ill let it die down for now but seriously if i was the type theres so much stuff in her garden laying about. i mean ffs there was a karcher pressure washer sat in the corner in all weathers, its a joke. there was a gererator in her shed in full view and her gates never locked. i mean its east pickings for tealeafs at night time.

Best just put that one down to experience bud... :Image9:

They are obviously making excuses to get rid of you for whatever reason we will never no.

My advice would be Just be a bit more tactful when/if that type of situation ever arises again and always best to keep your cool.

well im going to buy some eggs and leave them outside for a month and then at night nip round and get my 20 quids worth, or im having her pressure washer away. its only fair afterall. i was chatting to my neighbour, he was owed 3k in work for painting and they wouldnt pay him, he said theres nothing you can do really. he knew a bloke who runs a garden place and this couple wanted 90 conifers planted so he planted them and they wouldnt pay, this bloke went round and dug them up and got arrested for stealing lol

Yeah there really is not much you can and shame people take advantage of this, and shame the gardener got arrested this shouldn't be allowed to happen, he should get what is owed.

He knew a bloke who runs a garden place and this couple wanted 90 conifers planted so he planted them and they wouldnt pay, this bloke went round and dug them up and got arrested for stealing lol

Should be some law or something in places for tradesmen and or small businesses, you cant walk in Tesco or Sainsbury's and walk out without paying(well you could but you would get nicked) but for tradesmen, we fork out for equipment to do the jobs but for then not be paid!

If this what happens what should happen they should be taken to courts and be forced to pay(bank details taken) so they are forced to pay, in reality this doesn't happen, even going to court they don't always pay up.

Just reading what happened to you today and i know that would of peed me off too mate.

Best thing you can do is make sure other window cleaners know what she's like and her numpty boy friend and to just stay away,you not going to get anything from these people apart from wound up if you try and get your money out of them. i would just walk away ....just glad it's only a very small ammount of customers what can be like this as to date i've never had that... feel for you buddy i'd be fuming

Had the same someone owes me £25 wont pay oh and by the way we dont them done anymore, £25 to put them in small claims court but is it worth it?????? I can wait what goes around comes around

i had a customer put my price up 5 quid tonight lol. i messaged her and said its 10 and she said nahhh ill pay you 15 coz u did a excellent job :Image3: so this other womans talking cow ****. shame theres not a place trade men etc can go and add bad payers. i mean theres a site for cowboy trades ppl who not dodgy payers.

I had one as well the other week but was doing it trad they rang me 4 days later after a couple ov days of snow hail rain and high winds and claimed I left the windows dirty, went round had a look and obviously after the weather they had the windows were awfull and wasn't my fault so rang the woman to tell her it wasn't my fault and I would have to charge again (don't think that went down to well lol) she then rang her husband and she texted me to say they weren't happy with the clean even though it wasn't my fault and and they were gunna find another window cleaner and pay me my money they owed me... Still waitng for my money just wonder how meny window cleaners they will end up going through lol

my advice would be to stay calm I know it's easy to get wound up though especially when you have a good reputation and hardly get any complaints

I did gardening for 12 years & only had this problem once!

Cut this massive hedge was night mare job did a prefect job on it & damaged my expensive cutter & he didn't pay me for the job as agreed!

His land where this was backed onto a little lane so many a time I pulled up down there getting rid of my rubbish lol inc large metal items & big logs launching them from the back of my truck over the hedge onto his land, until one day a police man knocked on my door & said did I know so n so I said yes I do that b*****d owes me £170! He's probably ****** someone off & he said fair enough & that was that lol I got my money's worth of disposing rubbish onto his land! Lol

Was a few years ago I think I would just let it go if it happened to me know lol I know how you feel tho

its a good 30 min job all up and it was boiling bloody hot. thats the annoying part. if she had just messaged and said look dont come again id say ok no worries thanks for being a good customer. but no, they blamed my work. ill go round tomora i think and take some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back