Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

started using George

WCF

Help Support WCF:

nearlyclean

After talking on another forum,I downloaded the free trail of George,its a round organizer and tracks your work,payments and debt.up till now I been using a spreadsheet in excel and up dating to an online diary in google.I m very impressed with George so far,in the process of inputing the data into it,very well laid out and simple use,plenty of options and spaces to write notes,well worth the £50 when the trail ends.

Yeah I think the pda would be better but at the moment I print off a day sheet and write on as I do the work and cheques I update as I receive them,its reduced my paper work,with excel I was finding it tricky keeping track of payments and moving the work forward to when it was due and was become a headache,but with George it does all this for me once you have input your round information it's just a case of updating

I have used George for years, and a PDA.

Saves loads of time, and like how it displays when I was there last an next time it is due.

In answer to your question Kars, I operate on a 4 weekly basis with a few 8 weekly and it works it all out for you. There is also a diary screen that makes it easy to schedule the week.

One problem I had was that my computer runs windows 7, which is not compatible with PDA for HotSync - but got around this by fitting a Bluetooth dongle so I can sync with Bluetooth. Had to download Palm desktop 6.2 but now it works a treat, and I can even sync if I am in the other room and my wife is on the computer - clever stuff.

Dave

I have looked at these before, but was not that impressed. I studied computer programming when I was in college, and compiled a similar system to manage my data, but found that too much time was spend updating it. Although a database management system offered more complex queries on what was going on, it was just too much on the resources compared to just keeping track of the same information, using a spreadsheet. So eventually switch to doing that, which saved me hours of processing.

I have a macbook, Samsung Galaxy S II and if I got George would I be able to use with these?

Hi Masons,

I don't think the standard version will work, but you should be able to use the online version (£10 a month I think) - which is very good too.

Dave

Online version works fine with my android tablet, Linux on my laptop and windows 7 with no real problems and 10 pound a month you can access your work stuff any where you can get on the web and backs up your work online so if you lost your computer you can still access your work files.

Back