Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest sdrah

Vauxhall Combo Oil Change - Does It Worth To Diy ?

Guest sdrah

my only concern about what Ive done - is the volume of oil drained and filled

what I got in the bowl - waste oil , filled up a 2.2 L of bottle from milk - may be - a bit split on the ground and a bit left in the bowl - which won't be more than one pint .

in the book I found that this model needs 3.8 Litres of oil , and it is almost exactly how much i putted in .

the level of oil on dipstick before changing was at least at half of the mark

why is a difference in volume then ?

anyway - all good

Guest sdrah

do you guys change the brake pads yourself too ? I found online a pair of pads for under £20 - and I thought to try it at home - rather then paying a 40 - 50 quid at the garage

Guest OoO

3.2 litres is the max engine oil capacity for engine, i think i told you between 4 and 5. Which is wrong lol

As for brake pads

I have just done disk and pads on mine.

Two sizes on both 260mm discs or 2800mm discs. small or large brake pads.

If you intend doing pads, you need a special torx NUT socket. So basically the opposite of the sump. The star torx shape sticks out.

I did front pads and discs in around 2 hours.

Very Very easy. No special tools apart from that odd torx nut.

Guest sdrah

3.2 litres is the max engine oil capacity for engine, i think i told you between 4 and 5. Which is wrong lol

As for brake pads

I have just done disk and pads on mine.

Two sizes on both 260mm discs or 2800mm discs. small or large brake pads.

If you intend doing pads, you need a special torx NUT socket. So basically the opposite of the sump. The star torx shape sticks out.

I did front pads and discs in around 2 hours.

Very Very easy. No special tools apart from that odd torx nut.

sorry to be a pain - may I ask you few more questions

do I have to find out whats the disk size and then order the pads accordingly - big or small pads ? or better to take the pads off and measure them ?

do you remember the size of the torx nut socket ? and where do you use it - as saw on youtube this guy didn't need a torx socket - when changing the pads on vauxhall

thank you

PS: I thought to buy these http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Vauxhall_Combo_1.3_2008/p/car-parts/car-brakes/brake-friction/brake-pads/?101720038&1&24c2b71215adc1f576e129aa2d9c5ecf05134652&000036

Guest OoO

sorry to be a pain - may I ask you few more questions

do I have to find out whats the disk size and then order the pads accordingly - big or small pads ? or better to take the pads off and measure them ?

You need to know if you have 260mm discs or 280mm discs. If you have small discs you have small pads. My van is a 2006 and every time they check i always have two options, as i think its a change over year for a few parts.

do you remember the size of the torx nut socket ? and where do you use it - as saw on youtube this guy didn't need a torx socket - when changing the pads on vauxhall

When he was doing the two bolts to remove the calliper, he had normal hex nuts. I had special torx bolt heads. So you can check on your van before you even remove anything :)

thank you

PS: I thought to buy these http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Vauxhall_Combo_1.3_2008/p/car-parts/car-brakes/brake-friction/brake-pads/?101720038&1&24c2b71215adc1f576e129aa2d9c5ecf05134652&000036

If they are the correct size, then yeah thats fine

[ATTACH]2999.IPB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3000.IPB[/ATTACH]

24.jpg.26d5d66eaae691ba2c77e6d3c0d63353.jpg

Untitled.png.b75624137011ee290ca673e183c42c31.png

Guest OoO

[ATTACH]3001.IPB[/ATTACH]

Untitled2.png.b26d1414af25c40bf0c9b52d2435be10.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.