Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My New Custom Made Gutter Shoot

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rcproperty

Picked up my new custom made gutter shoot to save me going up and down the ladder carrying full buckets or bags.

just stand there and shove everything down the shoot into a bag/bucket or bin below!

as this is a proto type there to test it, then this could be going out for sale for people to buy!!!!

plus have extention sections that can be added to it if needed!

View attachment 1786

View attachment 1787

View attachment 1788

But thats the fun of gutter clearing. Lobbing it at the bucket and missing :Image15: :Image15:

Seriously cool idea, i think the chap who does my gutter work would want one /emoticons/smile.png

Let us know yeah /emoticons/smile.png :Image9:

yer they could be done in green, red or pink! lol

not 100% sure on price as its not really been worked out, but think it will be around £59.99 for a 5m drop then there will be add on sections that can be brought seperate.

but going to give this proto type a good hammering to check to see if its up for the job first!

Have a section you can add on the bottom with lead weights to keep it one place (dont know if it needs it)

Any chance of some photos of the top, ya know like how it would attach to ladders/stand offs etc

cheers

Have a section you can add on the bottom with lead weights to keep it one place (dont know if it needs it)

Any chance of some photos of the top, ya know like how it would attach to ladders/stand offs etc

cheers
its not to bad, seems to stay in one place at the minute, but if its going into a bin or something like that then you it wouldnt need weights.

this one is being held on using velro straps around the stand off,

i'll bring it up saturday to nottingham!

Owww yeah that would be cool, nice one

I am 110% going as picking up a pressure washer as well from the show (well near by)

Get it tested. I would take 2 of these of you.

Thats has be one of the best ideas in a while. I would patent that!!
yer got 2 jobs thats not till the 10th june that it will be testted on, gutters are a mess, full of moss and pine needles.

someone has asked me to get a pressure washer to it to test the seems for cleaning it out

Christ its only 1 and half hours to the show.

I got a lad saying he wants to come, now my dad wants to come.

Now the GF wants to come coz of the shopping

I may just come on my own LOL

Looks a good idea RC...With that gutter shoot I might not have made such a mess on that patio. :Image3:

View attachment 2907

Wasn't woried too much as was pressure washing that patio & driveway afterwards anyway

Looks a good idea RC...With that gutter shoot I might not have made such a mess on that patio. :Image3:

attachicon.gif
IMG_4716.JPG

Wasn't woried too much as was pressure washing that patio & driveway afterwards anyway
yer thats what i was thinking, less mess about, an put the bottom of the shoot into there bin and no up and down all the time!

Sounds a great idea RC but after thinking about it there are issues I could see possibly using one of those from my own experience doing a lot of gutter clearing that would be:

1. postioning the ladder over obsticals that I sometimes need to do like sat dishes etc

2. trying to move the ladder about at any height with the shoot attached getting snagged on things

3. gusts of wind blowing the shoot about

3. working above small pitched roofs as I often do so the shoot could not be used virticaly.

4. doing ground floor work the shoot would be way to long to use properly.

Not trying to knock the idea but just pointing out some possible issues with using one that you could possibly tweek the design to improve on.

What do you think?

Sounds a great idea RC but after thinking about it there are issues I could see possibly using one of those from my own experience doing a lot of gutter clearing that would be:

1. postioning the ladder over obsticals that I sometimes need to do like sat dishes etc

2. trying to move the ladder about at any height with the shoot attached getting snagged on things

3. gusts of wind blowing the shoot about

3. working above small pitched roofs as I often do so the shoot could not be used virticaly.

4. doing ground floor work the shoot would be way to long to use properly.

Not trying to knock the idea but just pointing out some possible issues with using one that you could possibly tweek the design to improve on.

What do you think?
thanks, good questions and like the input. here is some answers that might help? see how you feel on them?

1. if like me i always set the ladders up where there ar no obsticals due to possible damage. i uses a pole and can work upto 5m either way of the ladders from a central point.

2a. the shoot is only attached with velcro so can be taken off when you need to move ladder from front to back

2b. when the ladder is taken down the shoot can fold up and be tucked into the top section to allow it to be moved.

3a. if wind was to strong, dont think i would be up ladder anyway lol

3b. there has been metion from someone else with having lead weights or something fitted to it,

3c. the person that made it said about having a elasticated base section that can be strerched over a bucket/ small bin

4a. could make smaller for bungolow's then have sections that you add on when you go to next level.

4b due to the material being thick it can be used as a bag then lifted into a bin and empted that way?

1. I have no option but to set the ladder and go above sat dishes on this type of jobs I do,

View attachment 2917

View attachment 2918

View attachment 2919

A shoot would be very handy to use if it were possible as roof gullies as well as guttering are usually very badly blocked too.

Perhaps instead of allowing the shoot to drop down vertical could be tied by built in straps/clips to the underside or side of the ladder instead for jobs like this?

Back