Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP v Trad

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windyman

There's no real question in this post, but just an observation really.

You hear people raving about WFP & how trad is old-fashioned & useless. And you hear people who hate WFP. The last few days I've been experimenting and has reinforced my belief that there is room and need for both, depending on your work.

I have had WFP for few yrs now & I don't do any tops off a ladder, too risky. Will always use WFP for upstairs windows.

I have a run (about 200 houses) that I do tops wfp & trad bottoms. I've been wanting to make it all WFP so decided this week was the week.

Did my first lot of houses, got back to van, and saw that it had taken the same amount of time doing it all WFP as it did bottoms trad.

Did 2nd lot of houses and found the same, along with some access problems & faffy problems using WFP where I normally trad.

So after that, I went back to doing bottoms trad- And I actually preferred it.

My point is that I think there is place for both. You can't say one way is 'better'- just different.

No doubt WFP is quicker instead of using a ladder, but for ground level stuff, if your quick with your blade, that can be as fast. I also have work that is all WFP & is way quicker than trad.

I use a trolley, backpack, van system & trad gear- All have their place.

Sorry for the lengthy kinda-pointless post, but just made me realise you need to adapt to the job, not be narrow minded when it comes to equipment.

I do every single one of my houses WFP - only trad insides when required!

A lot of the new builds around here you couldn't trad outside anyway because of window designs - I SELL WFP TO THE CUSTIE THEY ARE ACTUALLY QUITE INTRIGUED BY IT IF THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE.

they're both fine choices, whatever floats your boat.

i'm 80%+ wfp, there are days i love it and days it drives me round the bend.

is a window cleaner wfp? i'm not sure, i have noticed that i can find myself trying to clean a mark which is inside! does'nt happen trad, so possibly. main trouble obviously is dirt above frames or in the seals what you never seem to get the better of. hose getting caught is an hassle.

both honest ways of living, neither deserves ridicule

Yep I agree guys, I wasn't slating either method. I was just saying both have their place.

I too am mostly WFP & that's why I was dead certain on doing all my ground level stuff WFP, but the trial period has shown me that trad can be just as quick. It's not that WFP is slow, but I trad very quick!

I also have a large office where I spend 3hrs on the insides, all trad obviously. If I couldn't trad very fast I'd be there all day. And if I had to do the outsides trad, I'd also be there all day!

I think I need both!

only reason i don't trad downs or what i can reach is that i can't do with lagging both kits about!

if water becomes an issue i may bite the bullet

Yea I did think about that. But tbh, to start doing the bottoms wfp I risk losing customers (I know it's ridiculous as they have tops done wfp, but you know what they're like!)...So for me to risk losing customers, doing bottoms wfp would have to be MUCH quicker.

I don't wanna risk losing some, then swapping back to trad bottoms. Think I'll just stick with what works.

Latest Posts

Back