Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Landline/ Home Phone

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

I currently just use an old

Mobile, PAYG. But have no credit to hear voicemail as it costs so much.

I have a home line that is connected but not used.

Is it possible to get a home

Phone with answer machine that has a silent ring if wanted?

I would like to to just go to vm while

I'm out and then I can return calls in evenings. But I don't want the wife getting peed off that its ringing all the time.

Cheers

Dave

^ I costs too much to listen to your voicemail, so rather than pick up the phone or pay the 30+p it costs to listen to your voicemail you want to:

-hook up all sorts of silent ringing stuff

-not annoy your wife

-and change the phone number on all your stuff so people ring your house?

Looks like an awful lot to do and farting about to avoid paying to listen to messages...

Not really the phone line and everything is already live.

A landline looks more professional and I'd rather it all on my desk as well.

The mobile I use is knackred and don't wana buy a new one really.

Just after advice on a home phone that allows you to turn it onto silent, some of the volumes only Go quiet, not silent.

And it's when you have 8 messages a day, it's more than 30p /emoticons/smile.png

Even if it was only

One message a day, still 30p a day could save

Yes but I'm running a business I wana make money not waste money voicemails. Plus looking to employ some people in summer so after a landline as it looks better.

It's costing about £1 a day, £365 is a lot to waste for any business

My personal is contract, business contract is ridiculous and I don't want another mobile.
Oh dear...
Your personal phone can be used for business... in fact claim it as a business expense... All of it /emoticons/wink.png if you worried about I falling back on you put it down as 10%-20% personal use so you will only be claiming 90-80% of the cost of your contract.

In saying that you should be able to listed to your voice mails from a different phone if you have a password etc set up.

I dont use my landline number any more... If you want it because it looks more pro get an 0845 number its cheaper than line rental or you could have you landline number redirect to your mobile.

Motorola CD111

You can turn base set off and handset. So it doesn't ring.

Price wise we paid £24.99 for the model with answer phone system and £19.99 without.

Some prices online are 99£ lol JOG ON

FYI Probably the best phones I HAVE EVER USED. lovely to use. Colour screen etc etc etc.

Oh dear...

Your personal phone can be used for business... in fact claim it as a business expense... All of it /emoticons/wink.png if you worried about I falling back on you put it down as 10%-20% personal use so you will only be claiming 90-80% of the cost of your contract.

In saying that you should be able to listed to your voice mails from a different phone if you have a password etc set up.

I dont use my landline number any more... If you want it because it looks more pro get an 0845 number its cheaper than line rental or you could have you landline number redirect to your mobile.

I'd rather keep my personal mobile personal mate, I don't mix business with pleasure /emoticons/wink.png

As I said I already have a line that in paying for for broadband and it won't. Cost me anything to plug a phone in, only to buy the phone.

So what's the point in buying and 0845 number( which I hate bye as cost so much to ring)

Motorola CD111

You can turn base set off and handset. So it doesn't ring.

Price wise we paid £24.99 for the model with answer phone system and £19.99 without.

Some prices online are 99£ lol JOG ON

FYI Probably the best phones I HAVE EVER USED. lovely to use. Colour screen etc etc etc.

Sweet, thank you so much /emoticons/smile.png

Probably the worst thing you could say. By far infact.

Probably the worst thing you could say. By far infact.

You thinking on the same lines as me ? (Expensive number to ring, not worth it Lol)

We advertise 2 mobile numbers and office.

Guess which one gets the most calls. The first one in the list (mobile)

Back