Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tank Size

Shinytime

What size of tank would you guys recommend? i was thinking maybe 450? is this to big to small? i would like to have a big enoguh tank to keep me going as my round expands. I will also hopefully have two people working it.

450 doesn't really exist as such.

For two men full time you are looking at 650 or two 400 tanks.

I dont have the van yet so i would buy one that can take the weight! Im not really sure it varys, the water is fine if it just sits in that tank for a few days?

My other question was my PPM is 026 would i get away with just using a double DI instead of buying an RO?

Yes deffo Double DI would be perfect.

Until you get the van can't possibly advise on tanks.

What size of tank would you guys recommend? i was thinking maybe 450? is this to big to small? i would like to have a big enoguh tank to keep me going as my round expands. I will also hopefully have two people working it.
If you’re working on your own at least 500lt tank (800lt if you on a mission), and 1000 litre tank for 2 operators.

Richard

I cope with a 350ltr.

If you're using Double DI filling up should be no problem so I don't see why you should cart round too much water at once when it takes 2 seconds to fill up. lol

Do what the guy in the times did and have 2 2,000litre tanks /emoticons/wink.png

(yes, I'm joking)

What would be nice thought is a 450

Or 500 tank. Then that way you don't have to brim it.

Brimming tanks ain't fun.

800 L and one man would mean like 500 - 800 £ a day
It can be higher than that Damo; Pure Water is cheap, conserving water at the expense of earnings????. I think the average cost of water is just a few pounds per day, so whatever money saving can be made just isn’t worth it, when you compare it to potential earnings.

I give free water away to my residential customers. That’s how valuable Pure Water is. Turn the water on when you start a job and only turn it off only when you absolutely need to, otherwise turn it off when you finish the job.

Distilled water retail about £0.60p per litre, the cost to you if you gave 500ml of Pure Water to your customer is less than £0.01p. It’s a benefit to you customers. With refills over the year your customers saves money if they had to buy it.

Richard

Nah I don't work like that.

No point in wasting water, that's why we have droughts.

Working with a higher flow rate can cause issues with water bouncing off the glass.

I don't think anybody uses 800L a day (one man) not unless they are watering the plants and grass

I prefer to waste some water, than waste time Damo. Droughts are to do with the water companies; we get enough rain in the UK. A window cleaner can use over 1000lt on single commercial in a day.

Richard

When my 400 litre tanks empty, it means it's time to go home, my fav part of the day.

20/24 houses medium size.

rs2315.

Back