Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Phoenix Poles

bluemonkey

had a look at the phoenix pole today (thanks mark) it was the fibre glass version (phoenix 22)

does any one have the phoenix 22 and phoenix 22 pro

is there much difference between weight and whippyness, as the fibreglass seems a good pole and is it worth paying the extra for a pro

I have the hybrid pole. Its sturdier and ligher that my other fibreglass poles. I like and only now use my other poles only if I cant reach with my phoenix

Personally I would not use fibreglass poles now as much too bendy/whippy at full reach for me especially reaching over conservatories etc. However after saying that for a budget pole using a bit more effort would do the same job.

I haven't tried that make carbon or hybrid poles yet so cannot comment how good or bad they are but do look reasonable poles for the money.

That is where you are all wrong i brought this pole for one job when i needed help for a day for someone since then i have not used my clx because i fill the phoenix is a much better pole and after showing blue monkey he agrees at the time we had both poles in are hands you can tell that the phoenix is much less whippy, lighter the clamps are better and cheaper

The problem is smurf people get told gardeners are the best so people go out and buy them as i did, but there is so many new products coming out the competition is hotting up , Facelift have made a glass fibre pole lighter cheaper better clamps than gardeners i have been told that x-line poles are better than gardeners poles buy someone who went there and loves Gardeners poles they are also lighter than Gardeners poles this is all good for us because Gardeners have brought out better clamps than they use to have and lowered the price now they have been over taken by a few firms they will have to improve again, what makes me laugh is people laugh when at glassfibre pole was mentioned it just shows you how people stuck in there ways Gardeners are the best and i am sticking to it lol were the best is a better statement

mark m, get me proof that facelift or xline poles are lighter than Gardiners?

I can't find any :\

also dont forget that the new gardiner poles are heavier than the old ones!

cant really compare the xtreme's and the superlights really, as there are in a diffrent class.

we were talking about facelift glass fibre pole being lighter than clx and only 10g heavy that the slx and that is the basic pole there composite poles are lighter we are not comparing it too a pole £300 more expensive

i wasn't on about the extreme, as like said above they are in a different league, I was on about the fibreglass, being as good as the clx I had, and was it worth going for the full carbon phoenix or even hybrid phoenix

also dont forget that the new gardiner poles are heavier than the old ones!

cant really compare the xtreme's and the superlights really, as there are in a diffrent class.
Most of the new Series-II poles we have just released are also fractionally longer when extended than the older models thereby negating any total weight gain. All of them maintain virtually the same grammes per extended cm ratio - The exception to this is the SLX25 which is actually 30g heavier - about the weight of 4 tsp of sugar - we feel that this is still acceptable given the vast improvements with the new clamp technology.

It's what you can afford.

Ford

Vauxhall

Bmw

It's all relative to how much money you have.

What's better for you might be cheaper than what is better for someone else.

Poles are becoming much more competitive with new products reaching the market, the poles can be bought direct from Chinese suppliers, just with different clamps, at a fraction of the cost at retail.

you could buy a phoenix 18 ft fiberglass pole for £ 70

or

a extreme pole £375

the extreme is only 40 tsp of sugar lighter

......So man up you lot :Image3:

Latest Posts

Back