Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Controller Best One For Under £100

mak2503

I have used a Varistream digital controller but it has been given me no end of trouble. Found out when I took it apart that one of the circuits had burnt out.

Contacted the company but they said that due to it being a wiring fault I will not be able to claim for a new one even though it was only purchased in Feb 2013. I followed the wiring diagram and made sure I did the wiring correctly.

So now I need a controller as I am going through my water too quick and was thinking of going down the route of an analogue one. I like the Gardiner products and was thinking of this one...

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Easy-Analogue-Liquid-Logic----trade-----Pump-Flow-Controller--LIQUIDLOGIC_ANALOG.html

Is there anything similar on the market that will be trouble free?

we make and supply anologue controllers.

as long as the pump has a pressure switch attached then they will work fine.

ours start from £34.99 for a single pump for a basic one,

or if you have 2 pumps we sell the basic one for a dual pump starting at £59.99.

I have used a Varistream digital controller but it has been given me no end of trouble. Found out when I took it apart that one of the circuits had burnt out.

Contacted the company but they said that due to it being a wiring fault I will not be able to claim for a new one even though it was only purchased in Feb 2013. I followed the wiring diagram and made sure I did the wiring correctly.

So now I need a controller as I am going through my water too quick and was thinking of going down the route of an analogue one. I like the Gardiner products and was thinking of this one...

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Easy-Analogue-Liquid-Logic----trade-----Pump-Flow-Controller--LIQUIDLOGIC_ANALOG.html

Is there anything similar on the market that will be trouble free?
Get your money back, that is absolute rubbish, if the product is not fit for purpose you can have your money back.
I`ve got the gardiner controllers (spring europe make them, spot on)

RC Property - Where do I find a link to the controller you have so I can have a look at one?

Also this is what the controller I had looked like... Look in the top left corner.

Water Fed Pole Pump Flow Controller

Brand new and has been tested

has a waterproof external fuse already built in

and has a 1 year guarantee.

It has an on/off switch for the pump and a flow controller dial

Fitted with an waterproof external fuse,

Rated at 10amps unlike the past cheaper ones thats for sale

Most digital controllers are only rated at 7.5amps

we use a higher amp components with-in our box to add that extra protection, just in case that fuse doesn't blow straight away.

some other makes of this controller only use a circuit board to with stand 10amps, if the fuse doesn't blow straight away then there is a chance that it could burn out and then you have to buy another one, ours are made to with stand at least 15amps.

All wire and connectors are auto grade and not domestic house grade.

the fuse is on the outside for easy access and so you can check it from time to time without having to take it apart to get to the fuse, like most other makes.

Controllers Dementions:-

Height:- 80mm

Width:- 120mm

Depth:- 38mm

Comes with convertion kit for shurflo pumps:-

If your pump has a pressure switch on the bottome but not wired up, then this kit has all the parts in it that

you need to wire it back up and will show you how to connect it back up.

This controller will control any water pump from 0-100%. I use one on each of my Shurflo 100psi pump.

This controller doesn't control the voltage like most do, as a result of this, the pump will keep the same flow no matter how high you use your pole.

We have 2 of these controllers in use for coming upto 2 years now and had no problems with them.

As you can see in the picture it has an external waterproof 10A fuse for protection, to allow the fuse to be checked and changed with out the need of opening it up.

It has the tails and connectors ready for you to connect to the battery and the pump.

It has a Blue Nyon waterproof switch so you can see from a distance when it is on. Having this switch will save you time to finding that setting that you use.

To turn the water flow up all you have to do is turn the dial to increase or decrease the flow.

Only to be used where the pump is fitted with a pressure switch

View attachment 1852

Get your money back, that is absolute rubbish, if the product is not fit for purpose you can have your money back.
I`ve got the gardiner controllers (spring europe make them, spot on)
I am also having trouble with variflo controller, anyone know any other good ones & where to buy them?

we make and supply anologue controllers.as long as the pump has a pressure switch attached then they will work fine.

ours start from £34.99 for a single pump for a basic one,

or if you have 2 pumps we sell the basic one for a dual pump starting at £59.99.
Can I have some info please about where I can buy them

RC Property - Where do I find a link to the controller you have so I can have a look at one?
Also this is what the controller I had looked like... Look in the top left corner.

I know this is an old post - thanks Smurf.

It doesn't matter what controller you have, you will destroy them if you connect the battery up the wrong way by accident. This is quite easy to do especially if you take your battery out of the van to charge it at night.

I think that manufactures could add a diode into the positive line which prevent this.

belfast used to make flow controlers??? analoge type they looked very good mark m had one cant rember the name safe flow i think?

i been making these flow controllers for over a year now never bothered seling any on ere but if anyone needs one would be happy to sort it out a good price for the fellow forum memebers! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161191118920?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649 mines ecatly same as richards and marks but in different box with different label.........also make wireless controllers if any needs them /emoticons/wink.png, but a little birdy tells me something special will be coming out soon so id hold on to your cash untill then if u can .......

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you adjust the flow?

i been making these flow controllers for over a year now never bothered seling any on ere but if anyone needs one would be happy to sort it out a good price for the fellow forum memebers! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161191118920?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649 mines ecatly same as richards and marks but in different box with different label.........also make wireless controllers if any needs them /emoticons/wink.png, but a little birdy tells me something special will be coming out soon so id hold on to your cash untill then if u can .......

Back