Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin. Help!

EIHLBetting

Am having a mare with my resin which is costing a fortune. Any help appreciated. Issues listed below:

Have just had to replace resin after 2 months. I only produce 150ltrs a week so sound like its gone too quick. When I bought the vessel from pure freedom and they filled it it lasted about 6 months before going to 16ppm.

When changing resin do you always get rid of all that is I'm the tank, wash it out etc and start from scratch?

Both times I have refilled, this first time I've filled up its produced 8ppm so have undone it, put more resin in and got 0ppm

Does anyone just top resin up?

I don't understand what happens to the resin to make it unusable?

Any help appreciated, I'm doings nut here! And my bank balance at £70 a bag!

Water purification [edit]

Main article: Purified water

In this application, ion-exchange resins are used to remove poisonous (e.g. copper) and heavy metal (e.g. lead or cadmium) ions from solution, replacing them with more innocuous ions, such as sodium and potassium.

Few ion-exchange resins remove chlorine or organic contaminants from water – this is usually done by using an activated charcoal filter mixed in with the resin. There are some ion-exchange resins that do remove organic ions, such as MIEX (magnetic ion-exchange) resins. Domestic water purification resin is not usually recharged – the resin is discarded when it can no longer be used.

Once all the pours on the resin beads are full and can no longer exchange the ions the ppm increases back to its original state.

What is your ppm reading? what size vessel are you using?

Using toulson resin. The best apparently. Tds out of tap 112.

Arh, so the beads hold all the salts minerals etc??
catching metals, releasing sodium ions (exchanging)
the one your using should be sufficient.

112 input - 600 litres per month - 35 weeks, 10 quid per month.

if you want to cut the cost, buy an RO initial cost is more but you`ll save in the long run.

catching metals, releasing sodium ions (exchanging)

the one your using should be sufficient.

112 input - 600 litres per month - 35 weeks, 10 quid per month.

if you want to cut the cost, buy an RO initial cost is more but you`ll save in the long run.
is the resin your not using stored somewhere dry etc? it`s not getting damp or anything?

u might have a bad batch, I was given half a bag a few months ago, that the supplier was told it was bad, I only need it for 2 days, till there now batch came in, nothing wrong with it

Back