Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Faster Way Of Reeling In The Hose

mak2503

Just wondering if there has ever been a way of reeling in the hose to make our lives a bit easier.

It is not that reeling in the hose is difficult but if you reel it in quite a few times a day having a method where we push a button and it reeled in itself would make life easier and speed up time ready for the next job.

I was thinking of a way of attaching it to the leisure battery and have a simpler version of a winch that you get on the front of 4wds. I even thought of attaching a bolt to the side of the reel so I could use a cordless impact driver/ drill.

We have a van fitted with an auto electric reel.

It's epic. But I work from a different van and I use a trolley for the whole round.

Yeah I can do. It's being fitted to another van soon.

We changed one van. But changing another now as well

You can get one of theses electric cox reels but they are not cheap :Image16:

Just wondering if there has ever been a way of reeling in the hose to make our lives a bit easier.

It is not that reeling in the hose is difficult but if you reel it in quite a few times a day having a method where we push a button and it reeled in itself would make life easier and speed up time ready for the next job.

I was thinking of a way of attaching it to the leisure battery and have a simpler version of a winch that you get on the front of 4wds. I even thought of attaching a bolt to the side of the reel so I could use a cordless impact driver/ drill.

http://www.coxreels.com/motor_driven_reels/index.html

When I first started using van mount, I used to get in a right pickle. I sometimes just used to bungle it all in the back an drive off to the next job.

Easy way I find when finished on a job is to pick the end up of the hose with the wfp and walk it back to the van making sure it's not doing to get snagged when I go to reel it in.

Like wise when reeling out the hose rather than struggle to pull it around corners etc I find easier to walk the hose out in a straight line first rougly enough lengh to get to the back of a house I'm working on then with pole in hand walk the hose around the back being mindfull is dosn't snag on things.

I find not to try and drag it off the reel round too many corners. Pull it round one corner, then walk back to the corner and pull it off the reel to where the next corner is and so on. You might go walking all up the garden, but it works.

i coil so much in my hand has i walk in straight line like Smurf says, cos you bet if it can get snagged it will....lol wheely bin wheels. planters, corner of steps, walls car wheels you name it will get caught

I find walking the pole around the back gives me an idea of how many paces it is for example if it 20 paces around the back I will loop 20 lots in my hand then walk towards the back letting it go as i walk

1 the hose goes exactly where you want it

2 its easier than pulling it

3 less wear on the hose

4 its good in reverse too

Electric reels sound good but I reckon you could get in to a bungle.

Just second nature to me now as doing it for so long.

regardless of what machines speed up our jobs the human body still gets tired and these little 30 second stops in between houses do help give us a rest, if machines speeded all this dead time up so we were constantly using pole more then our body will just get tireder sooner . bit deep thinking but there ya go haha

Another idea of reeling the hose in quicker,stop daydreaming,stay of the phone,crack the work out and reel it in.get in van and drive to next job.

I've been on it for these last two days and I swear I am doing less money lol.

Slow and steady!!

Very TRUE garry,I know can be a pain but you just got to crack.I mean what ever next pole that jumps out the van and does the windows for you.

I wish there was a "magic reel"! Handle came of my reel when the other week when I was reeling in and ended up leaving most of my forefinger knuckle on the ground!

Latest Posts

Back