Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Freedom

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trevor62

Hi windies :Image7: ,

Been researching WFPS as a full-time job, its looking like my kind of job. I spent hours yesterday on this forum reading all the very good info and how many generous people are willing to share everything from how to price work to how to get customers etc.

I sure wish I knew a windie in london whom I could go out with for a few days to see if WFPS is for me. I've been looking at a website "pure freedom" that offer to kit out your van, the picture's look great and they even offer a days training, doe's anybody recommend this company?

What set up would you boy's recommend for a complete beginner?

I'm smart and a quick learner, use to hard work and long hours, so I just need to learn the rope's :Image13: .

Where should I start?

Cheer's

does anybody recommend this company?

Where should I start?
Purefreedom are a great company, freindly, value for money and the equipment is durable, reliable and top notch.
I would recommend no less than a trolley system. Some great trolleys out there for every budget.

And as to starting I'll leave that to someone else, as I started fresh from school 11 years ago and some people here are fresh off the blocks themselves, so their experience will outweigh mine.

Just work hard and take don't give in, it will suck at times.

I've always had great service buying stuff from purefreedom.

Are you after a fitted van mount or doing to go down the diy route to kit out your van?

Pure Freedom is the reason I joined this forum. I've recently brought a Trolly System plus RO + DI unit from the company. After installing the RO + DI my PPM was (003) but I was aiming for (000).

After contacting PF I was told I need to buy more resin and that's the reason I joined this forum, (for help and a second opinion) as when I tested the very first trickle of water from my newly installed unit (003) was my reading..

I have now solved the problem with the help of this forums members by buying a bigger DI than the 10" DI supplied by PF.

Apart from this little Hiccup and feeling vulnerable to the list of items that was piling up I found the guy who dealt with me helpful.

I'm waiting a call back from PF to see if it is possible to return the DI. Fingers Crossed....

Atvb

Rick

Nothing wrong with those pf di canisters mucker as have used one for years.

First of all did you follow the instructions on setting up the ro & flushing it properly to get rid of any manufacturing chems in the membrane & filters first without the di canister connected?

If the reading is the same coming out of the ro say 3ppm when you connect the di canister with new resin it will come out at 0pp fact. That is not unless the di cartridge in the canister is put in upside down so first check as it has an arrow on the side which say's top. Also check the rubber seals are in place and the canister is seated correctly when you put it back in.

Yes you can use a larger di tank if you want even 2 in line but they are generally used for high output ro's and the only gain you get from doing so is less frequent resin changes. To empty and refill a 10" di cartridge takes seconds and last me about 2,000 litre production of pure from just 4 small scoops of resin. So a 25kg bag of tulsion mb115 resin lasts me about a year.

So not to exhaust the resin more quickly I disconnect the di canister & back flush the ro every time before I go to use it. That way avoids what they call tds creep in the system and keeps the ro membranes in good nick too

Hi Smurf

The guys at PF pre-flushed the unit whiles I had a few hour at Cleethorpes with the family. The reading coming out the RO was 017. The reading with DI connected was 003.

I see what your saying with the 10" DI, I'm very new to WFP and in all honesty so i'm learning as I type lol.. All I know is the new 11L is giving me the readings I want so i'm happy..

I have been contacted by PF and it is possible for me to return the DI and at the same time the advisor ANDY apologised for the conversation I had yesterday. It seems they was very busy and phones was answered by other people lets say..

Thanks for the Flushing tip. I was advised to flush the RO at least once every week.

Regards

Rick

I've always had great service buying stuff from purefreedom.

Are you after a fitted van mount or doing to go down the diy route to kit out your van?
I'm completely new to this, but very interested in starting up a WFPS round, It looks like something that would really suit me, I obviously would want to start small and see how things go before I take the plunge with kitting out a van etc.

I would love to go out with a windie for a few days to get my head around these systems and how they work etc, I'm very good with mechanical stuff and would soon be flying :Image7: .

I guess I should start with the trolley system but I would still need to deal with water purification so I'm not to sure how to begin, all this talk of " canisters, back flush, tds creep, RO+DI, membranes" :Image1: has got me all in a muddle.

Was it a brand new ro they sold you as 17 seems way too high to me?

Why after the resin would it be 3ppm if it was brand new too?

Something sounds very fishy to me :Image16:

I live in a hard water area (350 ppm) and after setting mine up as instructed my 300 gpd ro output was only 2ppm before the di.

only Hi Smurf

The guys at PF pre-flushed the unit whiles I had a few hour at Cleethorpes with the family. The reading coming out the RO was 017. The reading with DI connected was 003.

I see what your saying with the 10" DI, I'm very new to WFP and in all honesty so i'm learning as I type lol.. All I know is the new 11L is giving me the readings I want so i'm happy..

I have been contacted by PF and it is possible for me to return the DI and at the same time the advisor ANDY apologised for the conversation I had yesterday. It seems they was very busy and phones was answered by other people lets say..

Thanks for the Flushing tip. I was advised to flush the RO at least once every week.

Regards

Rick

I'm completely new to this, but very interested in starting up a WFPS round, It looks like something that would really suit me, I obviously would want to start small and see how things go before I take the plunge with kitting out a van etc.

I would love to go out with a windie for a few days to get my head around these systems and how they work etc, I'm very good with mechanical stuff and would soon be flying :Image7: .

I guess I should start with the trolley system but I would still need to deal with water purification so I'm not to sure how to begin, all this talk of " canisters, back flush, tds creep, RO+DI, membranes" :Image1: has got me all in a muddle.
That's exactly what I did, buy a trolly...
I have the 450GPD Compact Reverse Osmosis System from PF.

You can buy smaller Systems but I brought for the future as my rounds are expanding which will need more pure water /emoticons/smile.png Basicly the 450 will give filter more Gallons Per Day than a 200 lets say.

DI is Water Deionisation,,, so I have a RO + DI to get my water to (000)

Guys at PF will point you in the right direction anyhow..

I hope this makes sense, like I say im new to it also.. Guys on here will help im sure and point me in the right direction if im wrong lol

Regards

Rick

If you look in the wfp section on here there is a sticky post about starting out wfp window cleaning that you may find helpful.

That's exactly what I did, buy a trolly...

I have the 450GPD Compact Reverse Osmosis System from PF.

You can buy smaller Systems but I brought for the future as my rounds are expanding which will need more pure water /emoticons/smile.png Basicly the 450 will give filter more Gallons Per Day than a 200 lets say.

DI is Water Deionisation,,, so I have a RO + DI to get my water to (000)

Guys at PF will point you in the right direction anyhow..

I hope this makes sense, like I say im new to it also.. Guys on here will help im sure and point me in the right direction if im wrong lol

Regards

Rick
Hi Rick,

I just watched the video of, 450GPD Compact Reverse Osmosis System from PF, Im starting to imagine how I could install my own stystem ie, If I get two tanks side by side and attach the 450gpd, one tank full of tap water running it through the 450gpd into the other tank? does this sound correct? would I need a water pump also? :Image12:

You've just watched the video - Ro's need mains tap pressure to work efficently so not sure why you mentioned using two tank?

If using as a static which is what I do just set the ro/di up near a drain and collect the pure water into a holding tank (bigger the better like ibc 1000 litre) then just pump it out into your van tank. Simples :Image9:

Hi Rick,

I just watched the video of, 450GPD Compact Reverse Osmosis System from PF, Im starting to imagine how I could install my own stystem ie, If I get two tanks side by side and attach the 450gpd, one tank full of tap water running it through the 450gpd into the other tank? does this sound correct? would I need a water pump also? :Image12:

If i was starting from scratch again, i would 110% just give my money to Pure Freedom and let them get on with it. They are pretty dam cheap tbh.

I just purchased fill hose and triggers for filling.

Wacking in another order asap for more hose and triggers.

Looking at getting each van with its own fill port and hose.

Happy Days

You just watched the video - Ro's need mains tap pressure to work efficently so not sure why you mentioned using two tank?
Ah, well if your system in fitted in a van wouldn't you need to fill one tank with plain tap water and have another tank to store the purified water, and the pump would be used to regulate the water pressure?

Forgive my lack of knowledge, just trying to understand how the system works etc :Image11:

No problem best you just forget about another tank with tap water in it. :Image9:

If using a ro/di in a van you would just need to connect a hose pipe from an outside tap then have the ro waste pipe feed into a drain. But to be honest using a small compact ro like that will take many hours to fill a van tank. That why so many use a small ro static instead as can produce pure water while they are out working.

Ah, well if your system in fitted in a van wouldn't you need to fill one tank with plain tap water and have another tank to store the purified water, and the pump would be used to regulate the water pressure?

Forgive my lack of knowledge, just trying to understand how the system works etc :Image11:

Was it a brand new ro they sold you as 17 seems way too high to me?

Why after the resin would it be 3ppm if it was brand new too?

Something sounds very fishy to me :Image16:

I live in a hard water area (350 ppm) and after setting mine up as instructed my 300 gpd ro output was only 2ppm before the di.
In all honesty I had my suspicions, now i'm not here to flame any1 or give any1 a bad name but the 5mm pipe connectors seemed off colour to one another and there seemed to be dust particles on the plate that fix's to the wall. I actually said to my partner it looks as if some pipe connectors have been replaced.
The unit was given to me without a box and pre-flushed. It was not till I asked for a bag or box to cover the unit that a guy passed a box and bag to store it in with it still holding water. I wanted to ask for an un-opened unit and I could have flushed it myself but it was already flushed, plus I felt to cheeky to ask.

In all honesty I just let it pass and thought nothing of it... well at least I tried my best to given the fact i'd say I'm a negative person lol. my main concern was to get what I wanted out of the unit,,, unfortunately for me I've had to buy another DI.

Like I say, i'm not here to pull any1 down.. This is just my experience

Regards

Rick

Hi windies :Image7: ,

Been researching WFPS as a full-time job, its looking like my kind of job. I spent hours yesterday on this forum reading all the very good info and how many generous people are willing to share everything from how to price work to how to get customers etc.

I sure wish I knew a windie in london whom I could go out with for a few days to see if WFPS is for me. I've been looking at a website "pure freedom" that offer to kit out your van, the picture's look great and they even offer a days training, doe's anybody recommend this company?

I'm smart and a quick learner, use to hard work and long hours, so I just need to learn the rope's :Image13: .

Where should I start?

Cheer's
where about in London you based ?? i might show you few things :Image1:

where about in London you based ?? i might show you few things
:Image7: I'm in West London, I don't mind travelling anywhere in London, would be great to meet someone in the business, I will pm my telephone number to you borys and leave it up to you to decide.

Cheers.

Latest Posts

Back