Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Buddy

Only gutters I've seen so far with internal brackets are ongee conservatory type guttering and the gap is only 15-30mm wide at the top so that would not fit in it. Guess some houses you will come accross might be ali extruded ones like the yanks use but I have not seen or tried cleaning them out by hand yet.

I tell a lie I once cleared that type of ali guttering out on a house before a long time ago but used a guttervac instead. Simples

If I could find that tool here in the UK i would probably buy one as never know might come in handy one day.

Indeed.. I could watch that vid all day long...think she needs a sports bra :Image13:

Best way I've found to clear sludge/**** from conservatory gutters is to suck it out using a wet/dry vac and crevice tool

Didn't know that about the conservatories only, thanks a mill.

How are u getting on with the Pro Gutter Tools smurf? I have a 5mtr Harris pole on order, do you think it will be too long to safely use with these tools?

The pro gutter tools work very well as long as the gap is big enough to get them in. One job last week I could not use the square tool as the tiles overhung too much so used my gutter spoon instead.

To be honest I struggle to use a 5m Harris pole fully extended even using my gutter ladder setup so very rarely use it fully extended now if I can move the ladder closer.

Pop down to B&Q and get yourself a 3m Harris pole aswell as you may find it easier to start off with.

Hey guys, anyone tried one of these? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SznE7dDljaA

If so, how effective are they and where can they be got in the UK or Ireland?
The problem with this, is that in the UK a ladder is for inspection not for working off check out HSE http--www.hse.gov.uk-pubns-indg402.pdf, if you fall off and injure yourself or somebody else you will be liable for damages, or the home owner maybe liable for letting contractors carry out unsafe work on their property, a good example recently was the police woman who sued the garage, when she fell over on a callout, because the area was dark and not lit up.by the proprieter, messed up I know..

Many trades work from ladders for short durations of 30 mins or under per ladder set maintaining 3 points of contact here in the UK. Ladders are not banned to work from so think you have misinterpreted the HSE guidelines and EU directive somewhat myself.

The problem with this, is that in the UK a ladder is for inspection not for working off check out HSE http--www.hse.gov.uk-pubns-indg402.pdf, if you fall off and injure yourself or somebody else you will be liable for damages, or the home owner maybe liable for letting contractors carry out unsafe work on their property, a good example recently was the police woman who sued the garage, when she fell over on a callout, because the area was dark and not lit up.by the proprieter, messed up I know..

Back