Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Spots On Sides

john39

i have noticed on alot of windows,after giving them a good clean.

when i rinse i get that sheeting effect,but on some of the windows around the bottom corners it dont sheet and leaves spots.

is this down to maybe some sticker from the manufactures that has been recently removed? or just a bad section in the glass?

or maybe my own mistakes causing this?

john

Don't know why, but the sides and bottom of the glass, specially if it's hydrophobic doesn't sheet as much as the middle of the glass.

Does the glass seem to dry and not stay wet in these areas for you even if you rinse well?

Don't know why, but the sides and bottom of the glass, specially if it's hydrophobic doesn't sheet as much as the middle of the glass.

Does the glass seem to dry and not stay wet in these areas for you even if you rinse well?

hydrophobic glass doesn`t sheet at all. Hydrophilic does.

If most of the glass is sheeting it`s hydrophilic glass, the reason it doesn`t sheet at the bottoms is probably because of old glass with some atmospheric build up at the bottoms / sides / top (even if un noticeable when dry) or the coating has worn.

HydrophilicGlass_2.gif

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.