Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How To Get Customers To Change ?

Twhite

I've not long started up but already got a round going, but when going canvassing it really makes me red in the face when a customer says" no sorry I have a window cleaner and they have been doing it years now" now there eather blind or plain stupid or lying because the windows and frames are stinking dirty ! It gets me how a Wfp user will only clean the glass around my area and not the frames aswell so they look terrible and you offer the new customer a cheaper price with the mould off there frames and they still won't change I mean these houses in my area are 200k plus and they have to pay the window cleaner to do the windows and then go out there and clean all the seals and frames there self ...really makes me tick !!!

Its called loyalty if it's true but some ppl don’t like strangers knocking on their door so might just say anything to get rid of you too.

Not tried this myself as I have no need but next time you get that answer on homes with filthy/gray plastic that should be white maybe you could say “would you like a free demonstrator so could show you the quality of my work”. If they say yes ok then just deep clean one window at the front of the house so all the rest stands out like a sore thumb then see what they say.

I've found ppl will pay more for quality work and good service so for most price is not an issue :Image9:

I cleaned a job once for free to get it, worth it too, 15min job for 15pounds... /emoticons/smile.png

I never have had the need but thought that sales trick to help close a deal might be worth mentioning :Image10:

Indeed Mason needs must and all that as is all part of being a good sales person that is to try out different ideas to gain new business.

Just keep knocking..

I recently took a house off a traditional cleaner because of them not maintaining the frames.. I quoted £15, and he said his last cleaner was only £8 but would be happy to pay the extra..

Because so many window cleaners come & go if they get one & he stays through winter & all that **** weather they will keep him/her. Better in there eyes to have someone regular doing 90% a good job then have someone who's going to disappear. They don't know you & prob think your vanish in October.

I've got lock down in to plush villages.before I came along they struggled to keep window cleaners as they didn't stick at it during winter or they didn't like them.

Just keep at it mate and when you get the work stay top of your game.

Yeh ill just keep at it and ill try the free clean on one window trial !!! I mean 200k plus house that there windows are clean but the frames PVC white frames are full of green mould and they won't blink a eye lid at them there just happy paying summone for half a job it's bizzare lol ill keep at it tho !!

Sorry....I can't help myself.

Try getting your own customers instead of trying to rob other wc's of theirs.

well those wcers who leave fraims arenot real wc, your ment to clean the whole window!!! if they dont, there asking for somone to take the job because the quality of work is so poor!

I knocked a door a couple of weeks ago and the fella answered the door, I told him I was cleaning a few of his neighbors windows and wondered if he'd like his done?

"No thanks, my mate does them" so I say "Ok thank you" and I'm just about to leave and he asks "how much would you charge? I quote £12 and he's like what!! my mate charges £15 and he's just been today, look here's his slip.

I just laughed and said your having a laugh, you pay someone £15 and they don't even touch the frames!!! Believe me they were covered in cob webs and bird poo etc.

I left a card but he's still not called, some people are paying good money for a sub standard job, crazy fools.

I agree addict !! I'm not trying to nick wc's work how do I no what house has a wc specially if there frames are stinking some look like they haven't when they have I'm just offering a better service I'm out to earn good honest money and keep customers happy not rob people of doing half a job .... Or I take it your one of those half a job people are you mart 1001 ????

I agree addict !! I'm not trying to nick wc's work how do I no what house has a wc specially if there frames are stinking some look like they haven't when they have I'm just offering a better service I'm out to earn good honest money and keep customers happy not rob people of doing half a job .... Or I take it your one of those half a job people are you mart 1001 ????
No, all my customers have clean frames because like you, I believe that a window isn't clean unless the frame is too.
The title of your thread is 'How to get customers to change ?" and, when I first opened it, I presumed it was gonna be another of those arrogant 'I want my customers to change their way of thinking and pay me what I want, when I want, as often as I want and even if it's raining' threads but, it turns out you're referring to them changing their wc to you because you don't approve of the job he's doing. You back this up by saying that they don't change over to you even if you offer to do the job cheaper.

Yes, there's some poor wc's out there but, if you knock a door and they tell you they have one, have the grace to say 'ok, thanks very much for your time' and leave them to it. If you just worded your O/P badley then, fair enough and I apologise but, otherwise, know that deliberately uncutting a fellow wc reguardless of his work, is still considered immoral to most in the trade. There's plenty of work out there and we all have to work hard going door to door trying to find the work and hoping to get lucky and find a street that is void of a wc.

Mart.

Latest Posts

Back