Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders Cleans (Windows & General Indoor Cleaning)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

How much would you charge? I've just had a meeting with a property developer (loaded to the max) who wants me to do cleans on his property's , he has 3 brand new town houses all next door to each other and wants a quote for the cleaning after builders and windows in and out . Had such a wicked day today I'm well happy with the way things are going with my business ! /emoticons/smile.png

Nice one Neil,the company I use to work for use to chuck a bit extra on to allow for snagging.Ive an old house that's been renovated to do Friday,I've billed it x4 the amount as not sure hoe long it's going to take.Allow time for messy windows,tricky floors Etc.Sell your self well which I'm Sure you do and you'll be fine.have a real good look and mark up how long each room and window will take and work out the time all together and then on each house chuck another couple of hours for touching up.

A lot of people go in to cheap,rush through it and then they don't have you back.

Glad its going well,is for me as well.

Could push and stick another van on road but can't be hassled.want to enjoy life.

Nice one Neil,the company I use to work for use to chuck a bit extra on to allow for snagging.Ive an old house that's been renovated to do Friday,I've billed it x4 the amount as not sure hoe long it's going to take.Allow time for messy windows,tricky floors Etc.Sell your self well which I'm Sure you do and you'll be fine.have a real good look and mark up how long each room and window will take and work out the time all together and then on each house chuck another couple of hours for touching up.

A lot of people go in to cheap,rush through it and then they don't have you back.

Glad its going well,is for me as well.

Could push and stick another van on road but can't be hassled.want to enjoy life.

cheers ady, good to see your doing well too. Same with me mate about having another van on road but I am going to keep going until I really can't take anymore then get someone else in. It's crazy I've only been running since August last year and the amount of work that has come through is unreal , I have another meeting on Friday with someone else which is for an old historic building that want there windows done in and out every month too. I think I have a price in my head that I'm going to give him , I'm already half way through a deep clean on one of his 4 bed bungalows that he owns back there tomorrow at 6:30 to get it done by the end of the day , here's a pic of behind the oven this is how bad it is lolView attachment 3059View attachment 3060

View attachment 1857

View attachment 1858

Nasty mate,If you've been going since last august then well done mate.

I've been in the cleaning game all my life and picked up a lot during the way.

I've also seen what it can do to you if get massive and lots of vans on road.two ways a lovely life with all the money or you end up a complete wreck as it takes over your life.

My old boss sold his firm for a million and started it from scratch but all those hours worrying about his firm means hr is a wreck now and can't enjoy his retirement.

Make s good living from it,enjoy what you do but don't let it take over your life.

I know what you mean mate it would take over your life but I Suppose you have to be careful you don't over do it. I had a canvasser out last week he's got me some more window cleaning work which I should not have done but couldn't help it lol

Nice fella just make sure you don't bungle and do your self in.The general cleaning game can be rewarding but stressful.

how you getting on neil - i still need to reply to your email and will do - im swamped with work as well currently - theres definitely work out there if you push yourself , ive just picked up 2 new sites worth 349 builders cleans - 3 cleans per house so it will keep me busy for a few years haha.

the price at the moment in the building trade is rock bottom - cleaning is usually good as the outlay for materials etc is minimal on builders cleans. i price my houses up per sq meter/sq ft

i priced mines a bit lower than i wanted in order to get the contracts - as soon as i get the bigger ones im taking someone on and taking a back seat from the labour and focusing on the marketing for new work. ive had to price mines differently - i work at around £30 per hour on one site but priced another at only £18 - i will be paying a cleaner to come in at £8.00 an hour roughly - making me approx £10 per hour before any costs.

big houses - price high but the wee 3 bedroom houses we are working on are tiny and can price it lower as i can do 2 first cleans in a day making me around £200 etc. which in glasgow is decent. Get the contracts and up here you'll get £1000 a week

how you getting on neil - i still need to reply to your email and will do - im swamped with work as well currently - theres definitely work out there if you push yourself , ive just picked up 2 new sites worth 349 builders cleans - 3 cleans per house so it will keep me busy for a few years haha.

the price at the moment in the building trade is rock bottom - cleaning is usually good as the outlay for materials etc is minimal on builders cleans. i price my houses up per sq meter/sq ft

i priced mines a bit lower than i wanted in order to get the contracts - as soon as i get the bigger ones im taking someone on and taking a back seat from the labour and focusing on the marketing for new work. ive had to price mines differently - i work at around £30 per hour on one site but priced another at only £18 - i will be paying a cleaner to come in at £8.00 an hour roughly - making me approx £10 per hour before any costs.

big houses - price high but the wee 3 bedroom houses we are working on are tiny and can price it lower as i can do 2 first cleans in a day making me around £200 etc. which in glasgow is decent. Get the contracts and up here you'll get £1000 a week

going good mate just quoted 3 terraced houses all next door to each other (builders cleans) will hear on Tuesday if I get them /emoticons/wink.png

Back