Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Suggestions For Petrol Pressure Wash

a lot of the lads on here are using loncin , myself included, most would recommend a minium of 3000psi 15 lpm , and make sure you get a turbo nozzle . if money is not a problem then go for a honda but there expensive

What mr shine has said is what we just bought.

Got about 8 jobs lined up now lol.

Looks a great p washer.

thats jetmac.co.uk , go onto their site , he has the full range on there , if you tell him that you were recommended from this forum he will give you a discount or maybe a free turbo nozzle , the bigger lpm means the faster the job gets done , im using a 21 lpm and its very fast

I sell service and repair pressurewashers, as a general rule here are a few tips when purchasing a pressurewasher, engine wise? deisel is more economical than petrol and will run longer no problem, the own side is cost of initial purchase, and the noise is always louder, so unless you run it in your vehicle like we have installed a few times, petrol is better, without a doubt in my expierence Honda are good, yanmar is good, to do industrial cleaning you need to looking at 11HP upwards, no point in mincing about with a 6.5HP,

you will need 15 litres upwards!! also the pressure, pressure lifts the dirt, volume wash it away making the job quicker, turbo nozzles do decrease the work load, as do spinning disks, but they also require more maintenance, which you never see in any of the catalogues. service kits are available though, and are not to difficult to fit, and last but not least the pump,

ali heads are the cheapest and corrode up, then brass heads are better for industrial, at the high end of the range there are Stainless pump heads, these are more expensive but last for ages, what you have to measure up is how much work have I got for the machine? how will I cope if it stops halfway through a job? and what is the Backup I get? Most of the bigger kit we supply at work is leased, as it helps the user spread the cost of purchase and achieve more work in less time. It varies on what you use it for really, very few people buy a van mount system outright, they are nearly always least. If any one has any questions please feel free to ask.

Are you a supplier?

I sell service and repair pressurewashers, as a general rule here are a few tips when purchasing a pressurewasher, engine wise? deisel is more economical than petrol and will run longer no problem, the own side is cost of initial purchase, and the noise is always louder, so unless you run it in your vehicle like we have installed a few times, petrol is better, without a doubt in my expierence Honda are good, yanmar is good, to do industrial cleaning you need to looking at 11HP upwards, no point in mincing about with a 6.5HP,

you will need 15 litres upwards!! also the pressure, pressure lifts the dirt, volume wash it away making the job quicker, turbo nozzles do decrease the work load, as do spinning disks, but they also require more maintenance, which you never see in any of the catalogues. service kits are available though, and are not to difficult to fit, and last but not least the pump,

ali heads are the cheapest and corrode up, then brass heads are better for industrial, at the high end of the range there are Stainless pump heads, these are more expensive but last for ages, what you have to measure up is how much work have I got for the machine? how will I cope if it stops halfway through a job? and what is the Backup I get? Most of the bigger kit we supply at work is leased, as it helps the user spread the cost of purchase and achieve more work in less time. It varies on what you use it for really, very few people buy a van mount system outright, they are nearly always least. If any one has any questions please feel free to ask.

I HAVE 3 Honda 13HP , petrol pressure washers, 2 fitted with Interpumps 21lpm and 15lpm and a cat 15lpm, I use turbo nozzles mostly, the kit is 7 years old and serviced by myself, I always carry spare recoils, spare plugs and a few spanners, and I have a spare Comet pump ready too bolt on in the van should the pumps pack in , Honda or Yanmar for me all the way, Cant comment on the Loncins ( believe they are Honda copy engines)

Do you have price list of any you sell?
As my profile explains I am an engineer, but Scott would have all the up to date prices, as a general rule if you ever buy a machine always buy towards the end of the month, as the manufacturers are keener to get numbers out the door. The company I work for normally pool their orders so getting bigger discounts from the main manufacturers. so we would buy pressurewashers scrubber drier machines and sweeping machines every 2 weeks as a general rule. hope this is helpful for youI can get price lists for you, but they are pretty irrelevant to be honest as there are so many deals out there.

The company I work for is distributor to the main manufacturers, and also a regional service centre for some of the main manufacturers.

I HAVE 3 Honda 13HP , petrol pressure washers, 2 fitted with Interpumps 21lpm and 15lpm and a cat 15lpm, I use turbo nozzles mostly, the kit is 7 years old and serviced by myself, I always carry spare recoils, spare plugs and a few spanners, and I have a spare Comet pump ready too bolt on in the van should the pumps pack in , Honda or Yanmar for me all the way, Cant comment on the Loncins ( believe they are Honda copy engines)
Do you service your turbo nozzles as well? we get so many people come at work asking for new turbo nozzles, when they only need the service kit, as a rule if they buy the service kit from us we fit them for them for free. its a 5 minute job and saves a fortune.

Yes I fit the service kits myself too the turbo nozzles, also I use inline filters before the turbo nozzle , makes a huge difference, like you say it aint difficult , I moved away from Comet pumps as I found getting spares difficult, no engineers up here were I live so had too learn myself about servicing the gear /emoticons/smile.png

Yes I fit the service kits myself too the turbo nozzles, also I use inline filters before the turbo nozzle , makes a huge difference, like you say it aint difficult , I moved away from Comet pumps as I found getting spares difficult, no engineers up here were I live so had too learn myself about servicing the gear /emoticons/smile.png
I personally don't rate comet pumps either, I have a customers old Kew domestic pressurewasher in the workshop for repair at the moment. 24 years old!! says it all really, you can see why Alto then Nilfisk bought Kew pressurewashers out lol, you really do get what you pay for in life. Saying that though Kranzle give a 10 year warranty on the pump heads, where as Nilfisk washers are 5 year warranty on heads, and Kranzles are bleeding good machines that is what we supply the carwashes here in northants.

Back