Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How To Transfer Pure Water From Ibc Tank To Van

Could take a while :Image16:

Reason why I'm asking like me I'm guessing most use a submersible pump but has anyone tried just fitting a hose to the tap of the ibc instead?

Screwfix do some very good submersible pumps.

When I worked for another larger company used one and in 5 mins we could transfer 100's of litres and be on our way.

Time is valuable.

Have you tried it then RC?
the waste water from my ro goes into 3x 200lt barrles so i can use that on the garden, have a tap on them and tried to fit hose on it and went up the garden it was very slow and took more time than it did filling the watering can up from the tap at the tanks.

Have you ever opened the tap on an ibc tank to see how fast the water comes out?

I opened the tap yesterday when it was 3/4 full and the (head of water) pressure wash awsome. So that got me thinking about saving electric so could attaching a hose to the tap fill my van tank just as quick instead. :Image16:

I've just ordered some ibc tap fitting so when they arive will have a play with me hose to see if it works very well or not. :Image13:

yer it will work to start with then as it gets lower the pressure will drop off, but as soon as the level of the ibc hits the level of the tank in the van is will stop. try it out with a garden hose on a garden barrel if you have one

I have my IBC raised as I use 25l containers with a trolly. all I use is a hose connector drilled and fitted to the IBC lid. I simply attach a hose pipe and fill the barrels.. It don't take too long to fill a barrel but when the water gets lower I should think flow rate will slow down with distance?

Mount the ibc on top of 3/4 pallets.

But as said in previous posts, the water will slow down depending on the height of the tank in your van as the pressure becomes the same in both tanks.

Ibc's can be double stacked so that should do it do you think as the head of water in the top ibc tanks will be greater than the transfer pipe and van tank?

Botom Ibc's could be used for rainwater harvesting as still needs to be pumped through filters & di anyways

hippo pump from machine mart fills my 650 litre tank in van in ten minutes, its perfect, time is money buy that, but you will have to saw tank at the cap as the pump doesnt fit through it

Back