Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Question

Rick

If my RO units outlets PPM is lets say 020PPM then will my DI pick up the final 020PPM?

It sounds pretty stupid me asking as my TDS will read 000PPM with my DI connected but are the two units RO/DI two different things?

I say this after cleaning my home windows today for the first time with a WFP and it left White Dots and a few streaks of white. I do realise that it will take a few cleans to remove years of fairy liquid ect and I want to get this right before I give WFP a bad name!

The water I used today read 003PPM,it was the first 700L I filtered before buying a new 11l DI and getting the PPM down to 000, I read that 003 will be fine, but In all honesty todays play with the WFP as thrown me off a tad.

I refuse to use the system on a paying customer that I've had for years and leave them un-happy, not only that I don't even want to leave un-happy myself...

appreciate the help

Regards

Rick

yes 2 different things, the RO is a membrane filter allowing only water particles to pass through to the centre (99% rejection on most now)

some other particles 1% of your personal ppm will get through and as the membrane ages and the pours become enlarged more and more "other stuff" will get through.

DI is an exchange of metal ions for sodium ions.

If you have streaks, your windows are oxidised. (lick your finger and wipe it on the frame - your finger will become whitened) pure water cannot cause streaks unless it is mixing with something else.

Spots are usually caused by not using enough water to absorb and rinse off the "dirt".

I have also found that when i used cold water although dirt was cleaned off, some small luminous bug marks were harder to remove.

I now use hot water and dont have any problems needing to scrub to hard or the need for scrapers on the brush etc.

We started wfp on a new purchased round 8 years ago that had been done trad. We had also never used wfp before. The window frames were filthy. We found the best approach was to do an initial scrub of the frames, glass and sills and then leave them to dry. We actually ended up doing about 3 or 4 houses and then going back to the first house. We then just cleaned the glass and was very accurate when rinsing a second time. We also checked each house very carefully and still had to redo a couple of windows.

Yes, it took a while on the first cleans but it made the second cleans much easier.

As you have done these for years, some have found that if they do a good final trad deep clean on the frames, it will make it easier when you do the first wfp clean.

Practice on your own house over and over again. It takes time to build up upper body strength to hold the pole steady and accurately rinse a window off. Wfp is easy, but it takes a while to master the technique.

And the result was?....
I've checked around half hour ago or so and it seems a lot better.. Infact I could only pick up one minor mark on the smaller window. I'll be repeating the process tomorrow also but it looks like I've cracked it.
Pretty pleased with the result, dreading repeating what I've done today on my paid customers. I can see a lot of water being used and arm ache etc lol.. It will be worth it in the long run..

We started wfp on a new purchased round 8 years ago that had been done trad. We had also never used wfp before. The window frames were filthy. We found the best approach was to do an initial scrub of the frames, glass and sills and then leave them to dry. We actually ended up doing about 3 or 4 houses and then going back to the first house. We then just cleaned the glass and was very accurate when rinsing a second time. We also checked each house very carefully and still had to redo a couple of windows.

Yes, it took a while on the first cleans but it made the second cleans much easier.

As you have done these for years, some have found that if they do a good final trad deep clean on the frames, it will make it easier when you do the first wfp clean.

Practice on your own house over and over again. It takes time to build up upper body strength to hold the pole steady and accurately rinse a window off. Wfp is easy, but it takes a while to master the technique.
Thanks for the tips spruce, i'll take this approach /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back