Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Help

norm

Had a new guy giving me a hand today..He has been a window cleaner for years.I was finishing up when an irate customer came up and told me all his windows hadnt been cleaned.Had to appologise and clean 4 windows he hadnt bothered or forgotten to clean. Wonder how many more he missed ?Does everybody have problems getting good reliable help? Third guy in three months GRRRRR pi--ing me off big time

i know a few window cleaners and wouldn`t give any a job, you`d be better off finding someone young and enthusiastic and willing to learn YOUR WAY....

Can`t teach old dogs new tricks.

My little cousin is learning the ropes, he`ll be in his own little van next year once he`s learnt how to do all types of jobs and be respectful to people and property.

Sounds good mate.Tell guys dont mind them going a bit slower but leave everything sweet wipe frames etc.hard for them to break habits I guess.Feel like I am teaching my granny to suck eggs

No one will ever put the effort into your business like you do i`m afraid, but there are good workers out there.

I`m going to have card made up for Thomas when he starts cleaning windows on his own. Windows cleaned by Thomas and then my personal details if they have any issues with the service or him.

Then i can sort any problems and give him grief if things arn`t right.

i know a few window cleaners and wouldn`t give any a job, you`d be better off finding someone young and enthusiastic and willing to learn YOUR WAY....

Can`t teach old dogs new tricks.
Good idea or pinch a worker off one of the other local window cleaners lol. Happens all the time round here.

Had to tell my window cleaner to wipe top frames as drips forming ready to run after we leave.Basic stuff !Your cousin is lucky having you, hope it all works out for him Taylormade74

I started a new quy he is 58, been out of work for 6 months.

I am training him from scrap, bought him all his own kit, and he

will work with him till he is ready to go out on his own.

It takes time and patience, but if you want to expand you have to

stick with it. good luck.

Rob

Yeah I had the same problem. Good lad, but not in it at all for the right reasons, thought he was entitled to money for nothing and that was what window cleaning was.

It was so frustrating getting complaints from customers I'd worked really hard to get and keep.

I want to hire again but it was an experience that shocked me and put me off to be honest.

Sounds like this is a problem window cleaners have. I find working on my own suits me better cant waste my day checking peoples work im paying.Have to think about whats best for my business

what do you think guys do you work as a team, that is what happens round here or do you send. your mate out on his own once

he is trained. I have a mate with me but I do find it hard keeping the guys they work so long winter kicks in and they are away

I have that much work I could take on third man but it is big step.

Work as a team unless your 110% sure of your employee has been my v short experience

I have a guy work for me every Friday,, he takes half of sales, so I get half, I supply everything, van/water/customers etc... he is really reliable, have had my fair share of complaints about him, but he always re-do when necessary, and apologises...there are some good workers, just finding them...(I pinched him from another w/c haha)

I had a lad who drove me nuts with being late & moaning how many more we gotta do. With the **** weather we've had I needed someone to catch up so got him back but only part time. But what I did was instead of paying him a wage I give him a percentage of the days earnings. What a difference in him. Still turns up late tho but when he was with me Wednesday I left without him so he had a wasted trip. See what happens Monday. He does 3 days one week & 2 the next. Thing is he's a good cleaner.

I had a lad who drove me nuts with being late & moaning how many more we gotta do. With the **** weather we've had I needed someone to catch up so got him back but only part time. But what I did was instead of paying him a wage I give him a percentage of the days earnings. What a difference in him. Still turns up late tho but when he was with me Wednesday I left without him so he had a wasted trip. See what happens Monday. He does 3 days one week & 2 the next. Thing is he's a good cleaner.
Is he from sawston mate,might know him.

I have a guy work for me every Friday,, he takes half of sales, so I get half, I supply everything, van/water/customers etc... he is really reliable, have had my fair share of complaints about him, but he always re-do when necessary, and apologises...there are some good workers, just finding them...(I pinched him from another w/c haha)
Half? Thats a lot... Take of expenses and you making less than half

I had a mate work with me years back. I paid him 30%. Had his own gear, but cost me custom. Might take my nipper on when he leaves school if he needs a job. Hope he gets good grades and a cushy job tbh though.

Back