Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

£5 Per House ?

Dave O

Seen a local ad that is offering fronts for £3 or whole house for £5 & no mention of sizes :Image4:

My price for a 3 bed semi is £12- £14 so how can this chap do it ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard

• Smurf

• nwcs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he might only want to earn £60 a day, there is a lot around here who are cheap, they live in council houses (cheap rent down here) run out of cars, no insurance, most are semi retired

say he wants to earn £100 per day, and works 8-5 that's £11 per hour, 2/3 houses an hour, not every one wants to earn £400 a day

he might only want to earn £60 a day, there is a lot around here who are cheap, they live in council houses (cheap rent down here) run out of cars, no insurance, most are semi retired

say he wants to earn £100 per day, and works 8-5 that's £11 per hour, 2/3 houses an hour, not every one wants to earn £400 a day

Yeh I see that but if he had an ounce of common he could double his prices & do half as much work for the same money and still be cheaper than the average for round here !

Seen a local ad that is offering fronts for £3 or whole house for £5 & no mention of sizes :Image4:

My price for a 3 bed semi is £12- £14 so how can this chap do it ?

He’s not going to do it, its not possible with prices that low & size has nothing to do with it – he may clean windows for the rest of his entire working life. He may make a living, but not make any money; every day he works is a lost opportunity.

The window cleaner is responsible for his prices, but you can blame the customer(s) for taking advantage of these low prices for years.

Richard

Yes but actually he may want the money that badly he's prepared to do it for that to get the work coming in. Get some cash coming in quickly now then replace them with better customers later.

Well it works both ways, there's guys charging £5 a house.. But there's also people charging peanuts for commercial work too, and you wonder why or how.. I lost a £60 job yesterday due to cheaper fella, the owner did ring me first and said he had got a cheaper quote by far, so I told him to take the cheaper quote as I can't go any lower..

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.