Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Internal Window Cleaning Kit

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

Martin Sheehan

Hi all,

I have been slowly gathering information on my business start up for some time now. Fortunately being in a full time job I have the bonus of being able to source the right tools, equipment and help from you helpful chaps before I make the move to self employed so I have a better chance of success! I have the right attitude and determination but I guess you cant pick up experience regardless of how many forums you read!

I opted for a pure freedom set up for external use and now have the pressure washer (Clarke PL260) and went with a 3000w gutter cleaning system with the wireless cam feed (ebay bargain). I am about to order up an Unger trad set up when needed but I am stuck with the internal solution.

I see the Vikan Easy Shine, Butterfly, Dragonfly Brodex Misty etc etc. May I ask for your assistance one more time (not the last no doubt!) with regards to this? The remit is a system that is flexible for pretty much all interior window cleaning but hopefully without another whack in my start up budget.

Any help or guidance is as ever, gratefully received.

Cheers guys.

Yep like Tuffers said I would advice you get good with trad gear first then look at other internal window cleaning kit when you need to get it.

If you are getting into gutter clearing just using a guttervac & cam then would suggest you also get a gutter ladder setup like I use aswell as you will find guttervacs have limitation to what they can do.

The kit you have needs a lot of practice so get out there in your spare time and start earning some dosh before you spend more money then you can decied if this type of hard graft suites you.

Yep like Tuffers said I would advice you get good with trad gear first then look at other internal window cleaning kit when you need to get it.
If you are getting into gutter clearing just using a guttervac & cam then would suggest you also get a gutter ladder setup like I use aswell as you will find guttervacs have limitation to what they can do.

The kit you have needs a lot of practice so get out there in your spare time and start earning some dosh before you spend more money then you can decied if this type of hard graft suites you.
Hi guys,

Cheers for the advice, Smurf I have already enjoyed your wisdom on the gutter clearing! Got the ladder, stand off and ankalad as you have previously Recommended!

Thanks again!

Martin

I'm in the same position in that i'm looking to start up in the near future, except i'm going down the traditional route, at least to start with.

To be honest i hadn't really considered the inside of windows as i assumed that most people would do their own or might be out at work when you cleaned so not really an option etc.

do a lot of customers expect their inside of windows done as well? if so would you charge the same as external or slightly cheaper to account for less dirt?

Some do, some dont - I charge the same or more as outsides as you still have to clean them just the same and moving peoples **** off their windowsills and being extra careful with water is a pain in the ass!

Inside work can be a great little earner for rainy/winter days.

I tend to charge more as you will find the jobs you get to do are add-hoc so frames, glass and sills are generally filthy. Also inside conservatory cleans you can earn good money when it's peeing down outside too

Back