Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Phoenix Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bluemonkey

I decided yesterday morning, to buy one of there poles, was waiting till they came down this way to have a look at there carbon poles, but have had enough of the clamps on the pole I was using, didn't want to buy a carbon one with out looking at it first, as might not of liked it (learnt that lesson with the nlite I got sat in the shed) and wanted to look at the clamps properly, so I ordered the fibreglass 18 ft for 84 inc vat and del. thought if I didn't like it, not a major loss as would use it for bungys/spare

it arrived this morning, first impressions very light and slim, put on scales and comes in at 1079, only 17 grams over what they say it should weigh,. put theres 9 grams in the rubber stopper at end of pole, so no biggie

put my brush on, my carbon goosenecks don't fit, so have to use the plastic gooseneck, this doesn't bother me, as I prefer a smaller gooseneck

the hose that came with it seems good, bit thicker than I am use to but can still bend it to turn of the water

the pole

the build seems good quality, it is thinner than my other poles, but quality feels good, doesn't feel like fibreglass at all, has the same pattern as carbon fibre

the clamps

this was the bit that I was really intrested in, as seen them working and had a quick go, and I like them at the time, so when I got my own, started to clean my own windows, and they are very easy to use, flick of the thump and pull up pole, knock clamp back down pole seems smooth when pulling up and down,

cleaning

I had fitted my extreme white, and went out cleaning, pole goes up and down fine, when at full stretch (18ft) it doesn't feel whippy at all, when up and down on the window its stays straight, only when I am whipping it from side to side quickly does it go whippy, but not to a level where I would be scared of it breaking or causing a problem

over all I like it and think I will be upgrading to the full carbon when the road show comes down this way, manily as I like the clamps and how easy it is to use

Well done Darren for the money you got a great pole I am also waiting to see what the carbon pole is going to fill like I am glad you listened to me if everybody did they would be millionaires now lol :Image10:

fibreglass, composite, carbon, high carbon

I don't think there is much difference between all the suppliers, when it comes to different levels of poles,

I think the difference comes on clamps, brushes, hose, all these can make or break a pole,

as wrong clamps/brush can make a pole feel **** and not enjoyable

but saying that the fibreglass in this pole is a lot better than the old xtel fibreglass its more near clx quality, but its the clamps that make the difference for me

I like how thin it feels

Back