Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Art Of Rain Water Harvesting

Mr B shine

I have seen a thread on this but now I can't find it.

How do you do it so that the water is ready to use without having to spend money putting it through a (DI?)

cheers

Dodger is the man to ask he harvests rain water I'm sure he will be on here to help mate, I would like to know as well because I live in a small block of flats which has rainwater butts and the management company said I can use this water to fill up my tank but when I looked in the butt it was full of dirt! Surely if you connect an Ro to it you would loose a lot of the water as it chucks out the dirty water more than it puts in the good water, or the only other option is a DI.

I clean a friends farm she has a massive barn, there guttering on it is wrecked holes all over it,

and I have about 8 blue barrels catching it all,and they are sitting full and I have just tested them ppm 3 or 4,i have just covered the tops of them.

2morrow I will fill 8 25ltr drums and away I go with my backpack. no polishing or nothin

I clean a friends farm she has a massive barn, there guttering on it is wrecked holes all over it,

and I have about 8 blue barrels catching it all,and they are sitting full and I have just tested them ppm 3 or 4,i have just covered the tops of them.

2morrow I will fill 8 25ltr drums and away I go with my backpack. no polishing or nothin

are you saying the ppm is 3 Straight out of the butt ?

Can be, mine I think last time tested my first with all the sediment in I think was 12 but second one was only 4.

Wow that's good but it what about all the dirty bits in the butt how do you get rid of that?

Dodger is the man to ask he harvests rain water I'm sure he will be on here to help mate, I would like to know as well because I live in a small block of flats which has rainwater butts and the management company said I can use this water to fill up my tank but when I looked in the butt it was full of dirt! Surely if you connect an Ro to it you would loose a lot of the water as it chucks out the dirty water more than it puts in the good water, or the only other option is a DI.

its not the same stuff that's in tap neil, doesn't need to just filter then maybe do and as you empty them give em a clean.

Flippin eck, get em cleaned out mate get a filter of some kind sorted before water hits the buts and watch that drop. Depends a bit on roof as well though.

Where would I put the filter dodge , at the top of the butt before it enters it? Any links to a filter? The thing is I want it to rain now but when it rains that means no window cleaning lol . But definitely worth it

Just something simple mate, people aren't joking when they mention socks it would work but I like smurfs net curtain material mid on his new harvesting gadget.

Back