Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds Meter

Bernie

Iv got two tds meters. One from eBay that reads 373 From the tap......and my new one I got with a vyair ro system that reads 251....eBay one after ro reads 10. And vyair one after ro reads 7 lol I really don't get how it can be. And what one is giving the true reading?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Think only way to get to bottom of it is buy another from somewhere like purefreedom and see what that comes up with. Just hope that's not a diff reading lolll or I'm stuffed hahaha

The one from eBay come with that n the little screwdriver and I tried that but all still the same lol I thinks a new meter may look at a inline one don't think there that much money. What's doing my nut is how the readings are so far apart yet after the ro it's 10 n 7

Hi Bernie,

We stock these: http://www.aqua-dapter.co.uk/accessories/hm-digital-tds-3-handheld-tds-meter-with-case/

We'd seen lots of cheap TDS meters so checked to see which were the best, these were recommended.

It also depends how accurate you want/need it to be. If one was reading '0' and the other '35' that might be more of a problem. If you can get '0' out of both of them (if that's what you're aiming for - not everyone does) then you should find you get a good clean.

Paul

Very true Paul I have one that shows 000pm but the other one in the same water shows 003ppm who cares lol

It's more the fact that the water from the tap is so far out and yet out of the ro it's only diff of 3 that's whats got me puzzled loll. But I guess at end off day after di long as both meters are 000 it's not going to matter.

It looks like percentages, add approx 45% variance to your lowest reading and you'll see the number is somewhere near your higher readings.

Paul

Back