Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Do You Reckon To This Fella?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

He is a local lad who i've clocked a few times around town, but he's been doing one of my neighbours for a while now and i just cant get my head around how he works and just wandered if it was me or do you lads think the same? Sorry for the shakey start to the vid

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNOKZ3XrGic

Thats the only ladder he has, he doesnt even have the other half of it, and rope's it onto his roof rack, how he works with no boab or even a belt and pockets is beyond me? It must be a right pain.

That scrim he uses must be drenched after a few windows but it doesnt stop him.

I do next door and the rest of the road using wfp, one day i'm gonna have a chat with him just see what he's like

He is a local lad who i've clocked a few times around town, but he's been doing one of my neighbours for a while now and i just cant get my head around how he works and just wandered if it was me or do you lads think the same? Sorry for the shakey start to the vid

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNOKZ3XrGic

Thats the only ladder he has, he doesnt even have the other half of it, and rope's it onto his roof rack, how he works with no boab or even a belt and pockets is beyond me? It must be a right pain.

That scrim he uses must be drenched after a few windows but it doesnt stop him.

I do next door and the rest of the road using wfp, one day i'm gonna have a chat with him just see what he's like
Link not working!

It takes you to a page at the top says mobile or full version, go on full version and you can watch it there.

well it seems a strange way of cleaning using a pole up a short ladder why don't he just use a longer pole if he is going to squeegee them ?

Maybe easier for him that way as he can see what he is doing. Also going by his actions has been cleaning for quite a long time too.

I've seen some bad windys in my time!! I bet there are more blade marks than clean window, let alone smears from his cloth. It certainly is NOT window cleaning by any measure.

Well that one still like his work/price or would have binned him by now :Image16: :Image13:

I've seen some bad windys in my time!! I bet there are more blade marks than clean window, let alone smears from his cloth. It certainly is NOT window cleaning by any measure.

I'm guessing he figured out long ago the best way to tackle those houses trad, all street looks same doesn't need to take a different ladder with him and does it on foot anyway.

Looking close it don't look like he's doing a shoddy job, watch him downstairs he knows how to use that blade. Window cleaners have worked like that for years so whats the fuss.

How would you do it, boab maybe he don't like em. Double ladder, he looks like he's getting on a bit so maybe too heavy to carry all day and yeah leaning it on gutter isn't the best plan of action but only if it's gonna damage the gutter but he's got it sussed I'd say.

He looks old school and probably forgotten more tricks than us lot know between us.

theres a windy round my area like that he's been on the go for 35 years and has most of the houses in my village and he straight pulls every window and doesn't have pouches or a boab or even a proper window cleaning bucket, hes proper old school, At least i have all the big houses in village;) id be pooing my kegs if i was that bloke on that video

Wow, same cloth for all windows, That must be minging. glad he aint my window cleaner, mind u prob only charge a fiver for whole house.

Wow, same cloth for all windows, That must be minging. glad he aint my window cleaner, mind u prob only charge a fiver for whole house.
He's only detailing with it Sharon, an experienced guy won't be leaving much water on that glass. A lot of window cleaners can do all day with one or two scrims, not me lol but a lot.

He's only detailing with it Sharon, an experienced guy won't be leaving much water on that glass. A lot of window cleaners can do all day with one or two scrims, not me lol but a lot.
Surely those frames are dirty, esp round the edges where he is wiping, that's where the dirt normally sits, so surely when detailing the edge of windows, he is touching the dirty/dusty frames.

A lot of windy's say they don't need to detail when squeegee is dog eared, say his is and he's very skilled with that mop there's going to be very little water on the glass if any. Maybe he does frames every other time, theres a lot we might not know although yes I suppose you could be right as well. I just don't think putting down an old school guy like that is really fair, he's happy and probably has been for years, his customers are also happy or they'd get the better window cleaner over the street to do theirs.

Not me either lol I have 6 scrims and 6 micro fibres and lasts about 12 - 15 house when I do trad

Well a mixed bag of opinions, i personally think he's a bit shoddy but i know the couple who live there and they never whinge but i just couldn't understand the no boab, as for the ladder, thats the only one he uses, on all of his houses I've seen him doing some very strange climbs. As for his scrims, personally i use 2. One for wet work i.e. sills etc then i have a dry one for detailing. But hey ho if we were all the same it would be a very boring place.

Also some old school window cleaners don't even mop the edge so when they squeegee very little to detail!

Does annoy me when I see this!

I have seen old school windys without boab!

They have there squeegee & mop in a bucket!(round black ones to!)

Back