Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Guys N Ladders

Bernie

How many wfp guys on here find they need to use a ladder. Infact is there wfp users that don't av ladders?

So only access not to clean a window. And I'm with ya on that I hate ladders or anythink over 6ft lollll

I did this house last week wfp, had no ladders on me, and was told that I need ladders as windows were over garage but too far back to be poled on the ground, so next time need ladders!

dont even use them for access! all my customers are told the night before to leave gates etc unlocked to gain access.

only time i use them is for gutters or conservatory roofs if i cant use my platforms.

Well that was what I was thinking... but was told I would need ladders for birds muck or stuff that a wfp won't get off. So I was thinking a scrapper on a pole but also been told I would need to be up close lol and there's me thinking the idea of wfp was so you don't need to risk yourself on ladders loll

RC and Damo on first cleans that realy dirty ones. How do you go about it? Do you let them know it can take a few cleans for it to come up 100% or do you give them a really good clean first time? I found it to be a waste of time cleaning them WFP first clean. It was quicker to just put the ladder up and Trad it where possible.

by the sounds of it dont listen to the person that tells you that! lol was cleaning my flats today and was getting bird muck off the 3rd floor windows with no problem!

RC and Damo on first cleans that realy dirty ones. How do you go about it? Do you let them know it can take a few cleans for it to come up 100% or do you give them a really good clean first time? I found it to be a waste of time cleaning them WFP first clean. It was quicker to just put the ladder up and Trad it where possible.
turn the heat up on the hot water system, scrub and rinse well. never told a customer that it takes a few cleans to come up clean, i just tell them as they was really dirty there might be a few spots on the windows, if there is give me a call and i'll come back and redo them. so far to this day not been back from a first clean!

I use ladders plenty of times in a day.

Yep it's a pain in the ass.

Way back people didn't bother locking side gates, but now their all at it.

No way am I texting customers asking them to leave gates open, as has been said, many forget even after been texted.

Split ladders, up one side down the other, pull hose under gate. It takes longer, so I charge a bit more.

I find I have a lot of windows I just can't get to with pole, and it has nothing to do with lack of sections, more to do with been tucked away in a corner, ie a bad angle. So I use my ladders.

Don't have any probs with climbing ladders, as trad has been my bread and butter for many years.

I'm not into this health and safety ********, more to do with can't be assed climbing ladders.

IMO.

Rumour has it that there are window cleaners who if they can't get to a window with pole then window doesn't get done, because they don't carry ladders.

Jokers!!

rs2315.

turn the heat up on the hot water system, scrub and rinse well. never told a customer that it takes a few cleans to come up clean, i just tell them as they was really dirty there might be a few spots on the windows, if there is give me a call and i'll come back and redo them. so far to this day not been back from a first clean!
Forgot you had hot water. Must be great for first cleans.

I just do it wfp.

Only today I got asked to do a new job with ladders as the lady "doesn't like the path getting wet"

So I agreed to do that, and quoted a bit extra to allow for the extra time.

I use ladders several times a week, sometimes just 1 or 2 windows on a house.

And I do bungalows trad too.

There is a few windows on flat roofs I need to get with ladder as pole does not reach..

Proper window cleaners use both methods!
Exactly.I understand some people hate ladders & don't wanna get up them but then why become a window cleaner???

I have a few houses where you could not get to them with a pole or wfp. So do people leave them???

Back