Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can I Make A Decent 'on Demand' System Using These Bits?

ACW

Hi all. Thanks in advance.

I have accumulated a few bits over the past year which I think might be useable in a diy water purifying set up.

I currently use the 25l vessel straight from my tap as I got fed up double decanting from my trickle TO system. Much prefer it despite increased use of resin...however...

I have the other 2 housing which I am wondering what filters and inserts I would need to buy to make a decent on demand system please?

Please see pics.

View attachment 3093

View attachment 3094View attachment 3096View attachment 3098View attachment 3099View attachment 3100[attachment

=3101:20130617_192141.jpg]View attachment 3102

View attachment 1875

View attachment 1876

View attachment 1877

View attachment 1878

View attachment 1879

View attachment 1880

View attachment 1881

View attachment 1882

by on demand, do you mean you want to make the water as quick as you use it. in other words connect the system to a tap and use the pure water straight from the system up the pole?

/\

Sorry should have been clearer. Id like to fill my barrels on demand, without taking them out of my vehicle.

I do currently wheel out the big di vessel for my larger jobs (block of flats) and run it straight to my hose reel and pole and intend to continue with that method for speed and convenience for a while.

Andy

.. I have no idea of the purpose of the insert that looks like wound string by the way.

The 'Champs' vessel I have used as a di previously but when I've refilled the insert with resin I don't think I get a good enough seal as the tds was still high.

And of course I would like to use it either for filling it onboard pumped when I upgrade to a dedicated van mount.

Thanks for patience.

I'm after buying a small Di vessel in the future to enable me to take it out to site and travel as light as possible as I see that as the future of my business.

I actually really like those long tube systems I've seen Americans using on YouTube.

Travelling light is to my mind the advantage that we polers need to work on, too many posts on vans and their cost confirm this to my mind. And parking issues..

I'm after buying a small Di vessel in the future to enable me to take it out to site and travel as light as possible as I see that as the future of my business.

I actually really like those long tube systems I've seen Americans using on YouTube.
They are called hydro carts and can get from window cleaning warehouse but think they are like a grand!

.. I have no idea of the purpose of the insert that looks like wound string by the way.

The 'Champs' vessel I have used as a di previously but when I've refilled the insert with resin I don't think I get a good enough seal as the tds was still high.
That looks like a sediment filter - probably won't need it, unless you're using harvested water.

Straight from the tap Chilt.

Could the white one take a membrane possibly and still maintain high flow?

Do I need any prefilters if I do it that way and any links appreciated please?

Latest Posts

Back