Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel cleaning and wind.

O

OoO

Okay like an idiot I cleaned some solar panel last weekend and it was windy. Lost control of the extreme pole (40ft extended) and the roof tiles saved the extreme. Cleaned one panel and gave up.

How do you plan for wind. I am thinking of a mini flag now so I see gusts etc.

I mean if there is a slight breeze. Is it just a flat out no. Or what.

Any advice tips would be great. Thanks.

Don't be a plonker to try cleaning with a 40' pole when it's windy. Simples :Image13:

But what is windy though. Like I said is a light breeze ok. Or does it have to be perfectly still.

I would look on the metoffice site and try to book thoses sort of jobs in only on a calm day. :Image9:

there is a cut off with the wind speed but cant remember what it is now! lol

the higher you go the stronger the wind!

there is a cut off with the wind speed but cant remember what it is now! lol
the higher you go the stronger the wind!
This is what i am saying outside my house. No wind. Yet if I look at trees. They are slightly leaning in the wind.

Find me that speed lol /emoticons/tongue.png

OK stick your pole fully extended straight up in the air and if it blows over it's too windy to use safely :Image16: :Image13:

Yer right!

According to reports it was 20mph over weekend. So looks like I need 5mph or less. Hopefully no wind.

Yep but it's also the wind gusts that catch ppl out as over the weekend my way was gusting upto 36 mph

I think I will just ring then and do it ad hoc instead of booking a day. Will explain its due to wind.

Got about 6 jobs lined up :rolleyes:

Wind speed varies depending at what height you are so if you buy a handheld device then would not be much good at taking a reading at height unless you are up there as well. :Image16:

Well according to Impact 43 course its 25mph.

and you can buy devices of amazon really cheap!

Back