Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Winter Is Coming New Van Or Not?

• Thread starter joneswindowcleaners.co.uk
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

joneswindowcleaners.co.uk

Last winter ( my first one ) I had a few problems which took my van of the road for three days and goes without saying that time of year cost me money.

I have been looking at new vans and not sure what to do, I am debating two choices, spend few hundred and have my van striped down as it only as 67,000 miles on a 56 reg or buy a new one.

When I bought it I paid about 2k and it was fully water proofed as it was used as a meat van, not sure how much this cost but am sure got a bargain, but it was stood for a year so prob should have expected a few probs. I have been looking at the new pug van which is 8495.00 plus VAT ( BLOODY RIP OF VAT ) considering if you buy a car six months old no VAT to pay.

I am taking on contracts left right and center so cant not afford to be worrying about the van how ever I see window cleaners taking 1 - 2 K a week using vans a lo older.

What to do........

A van is a van.

It's used to transport water.

As long as it clean, dent/rust free and sign written who cares.

Is it a berlingo?

If your expanding that much would that van be big enough in couple of years?

I like new vans & payments keeps your tax payments down, no mots & under warranty, if your earning enough I don't see why not

back in Jan i got offered a great deal on a new Berlingo crewvan , but i hesitated and thought no no im allrite with my oldie

, i wish i had took it now as soon after my own van had a clutch go and the mechanic who fixed it then messed up other bits. i have finally got it all tickety boo again after weeks of grief , regret not buying that new van when it was on offer

Latest Posts

Back