Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sun/heat/rinsing

O

OoO

If you are cleaning a house and its been hot today (25-30 degrees)

Do you rinse the same or more than normal in the shade?

Although the sun is not on the windows, the air/heat will dry them quicker.

So do you rinse more when its hot even in the shade?

Damo

Yes, but not as much as if the windows were in the hot sun. The trouble is that houses get hot inside and that warmth radiates out, so we really want to make sure each window and gap is cool so the water flushes the dirt away. If it dries too quickly, we found that it can leave a mess.

We have also found the water in the van is luke warm and so doesn't do as good a cooling job.

I remember a window cleaner in Cyprus using WFP telling us on another forum that they spend a while cooling each window down with water by running the brush over it before attempting to clean and rinse the glass. The results were terrible if they didn't do this.

Yeah this is what i was thinking tbh.

Problem is we get so few "HOT" days i forgot how to rinse lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

If you are cleaning a house and its been hot today (25-30 degrees)

Do you rinse the same or more than normal in the shade?

Although the sun is not on the windows, the air/heat will dry them quicker.

So do you rinse more when its hot even in the shade?

Damo
What are you rising off with the final rinse, those little bits you sometime get on the glass or dirty water?

Did a couple of medium sized commercial buildings in the hot sun, didn’t do a final rinse at all, on any of the windows. This work is done regularly window frames are good, the water is pure; the brush is clean, 2.5 litres water flow rate was more than enough today.

Cleaned the insides as well, windows were all dry by the time I left, clean, spot free. 100% Polyester brush.

Richard

i do it the same as if it was cold, only ever time i rince more is on first cleans or if they have muck on them.

also my water is always hot! noticed today it was a little hotter than normal,

I used hot water today and had no issues with drip marks or spotting. However I did have to use a scrapper though as all of the windows had old paint on them.

Whatever numpty invented a DIY paint sprayer needs shooting :Image13:

Do you find the wfp gets hot? Mine was proper hot today, brush felt super soft too.
yer even tho i turn mine to its min it was still coming out hotter than it was when i have it on my normal setting! strange

Final rinse is seconds. Would rather know its gonna dry fine.

Plus I don't use tecbuk brushes so I have todo a final rinse.

Back