Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I've Seen Worse

Oh dear smurf that's a nasty one. After shots of that one will impress me no doubt.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Was one of the bad ones I seem to get more often now.

Got to go back tomorrow to do the inside that happens to be filthy too. Oh deep joy!

I should have been clearing and clearing the guttering. fascia and soffits of the house first but has a total of 22 house martin nests which most are in use so will have to go back at the end of September when they have buggered off. :Image13:

Nice mate, how do you clean the inside of the roof or what's the best way? Step ladders to rub the inside frames with cloth?

Here is a list of the basic kit I use for interior conservatory deep cleaning.

1. Tall enough step ladder - Abru 6 rung combi class 1 step ladder is tall enough to do most like that safely.

Another option is to erect a working platform but I find working from a ladder quicker and safe enough myself.

2. Vacuum cleaner - if required for large amount of dead bugs, cobwebs etc.

3. Bucket of hot water with ubik in it - change water when required.

4. Micro cloths - use one constantly rung out so just damp to wash over frames & dry with others

5. White none scratch pad/sponge pot scrubbers - helps to remove stubborn marks & bug poo on plastic.

6. Crevice hand brush - comes in very handy to get grime out of crevices, mouldings & corners when rapping a damp micro cloth around it.

7. Floor micro mops & clean spare micro heads - sometimes used to clean plastic roofs quickly from the ground.

8. Magic sponge

9. Upvc cream & solvent cleaner - only used when required.

10. Broom & dustpan & brush

11. Trad gear for glass

Hope this helps?

Nice mate, how do you clean the inside of the roof or what's the best way? Step ladders to rub the inside frames with cloth?

Jesus smurf that's a lot of gear lol, I tried pole with squeegee on end and mop but it kept running down my arm and all going in my face, not very professional. /emoticons/unsure.png

I like to do a professional job and charge accordingly :Image13:

Jesus smurf that's a lot of gear lol, I tried pole with squeegee on end and mop but it kept running down my arm and all going in my face, not very professional. /emoticons/unsure.png

I like to do a professional job and charge accordingly :Image13:

true mate don't suppose you would let off how much you charged for that roof??? /emoticons/wink.png

Dont worry about what other people charge it is totally irrelevant.

Take prices quoted with a pinch of salt. Seen people claim £400 this, £200 that, £1000 this. Then take a closer look at them. :Image4: :Image9:

Yeah I know I just want to know if I'm pricing roofs at the right price if you know what I mean, I don't care what people are earning mate

I roughly charge 1.5 x the price of cleaning the outside depending how bad it is. .

Yeah I know I just want to know if I'm pricing roofs at the right price if you know what I mean, I don't care what people are earning mate

Back