Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do You Price 8 Weeklys Different?

petehughesy

I know of a few window cleaners around my area and all there work is 8 weekly, they canvass for 8 weeklys and price wise they charge double what you would charge for 4 weeklys just on the basis of its done every 8 weeks instead, I suppose if you have a constant flow of work your on to a winner, but I know my self houses I charge £12 there's no way they would pay £24, well I wouldn't think so anyway, does anybody else do this? Or price similar?

If a house is £10 / £12 / £14 / £18 on a 4/5 week basis. I would charge an extra £2 to £3 quid. When you get to £20 plus houses then i charge a lot more. As you really can loose some time

I don't see any real difference in the time it takes me to clean my 8 weeklies. The only difference normally is the sills and that's no problem. Doing 8 weeklies is good for business. It allows you to get and keep other customers you would not otherwise have.

Move with the times, its what the customers want.

Window cleaner " you know missus, you are the third customer this week to ask if I do 8 weeklies"

customer "Well, do you do 8 weeklies?"

window cleaner "Nah, no call for it"

I know of a few window cleaners around my area and all there work is 8 weekly, they canvass for 8 weeklys and price wise they charge double what you would charge for 4 weeklys just on the basis of its done every 8 weeks instead, I suppose if you have a constant flow of work your on to a winner, but I know my self houses I charge £12 there's no way they would pay £24, well I wouldn't think so anyway, does anybody else do this? Or price similar?
Charging double of what? A guessed price, if they were cleaned every 4 weeks? Many just say this because they don’t know anything more about pricing; it’s a lazy pricing method that will cost you a fortune in lost income

You could charge double when you do any work in your overtime hours, or when doing any add hoc work. But work each of your prices incrementally. If your turnover £45,000 just a one 10th increase would get you £4,500. (How many window cleaners do you know who make double that turnover (£45k) –because they charge double)

Look at your hours, working days, customer base/service, cleaning time for each job etc, and work your prices each week/month - take it from there.

Richard

Charging double of what? A guessed price, if they were cleaned every 4 weeks? Many just say this because they don’t know anything more about pricing; it’s a lazy pricing method that will cost you a fortune in lost income

You could charge double when you do any work in your overtime hours, or when doing any add hoc work. But work each of your prices incrementally. If your turnover £45,000 just a one 10th increase would get you £4,500. (How many window cleaners do you know who make double that turnover (£45k) –because they charge double)

Look at your hours, working days, customer base/service, cleaning time for each job etc, and work your prices each week/month - take it from there.

Richard

I'm not saying the prices are exact double like a house is do for 10 they do for 20 but the prices may aswell be, a house I do for 12 which I pole up and down and takes me literally 10mins they are doing it for £19 every 8 weeks, I just can't understand how the work is priced up so well.

There is no legislation that standardises pricing for window cleaners to follow. You set your own prices and if the customer accepts it’s a done deal.

This is why I say work your prices; you shouldn’t increase your prices just once a year and then say I will put the price up by £1. You have just wasted a year and lost a lot of cash. You also need to change your customer base more regular than you might think. You only have so many hours you can earn money. You will outgrow customer types & buildings as your business changes & grows.

If you believe you can earn £25 per hour, you will earn it, likewise if you believe you can earn £50 per hour or anything over & in between, you will.

Richard

There is no legislation that standardises pricing for window cleaners to follow. You set your own prices and if the customer accepts it’s a done deal.

This is why I say work your prices; you shouldn’t increase your prices just once a year and then say I will put the price up by £1. You have just wasted a year and lost a lot of cash. You also need to change your customer base more regular than you might think. You only have so many hours you can earn money. You will outgrow customer types & buildings as your business changes & grows.

If you believe you can earn £25 per hour, you will earn it, likewise if you believe you can earn £50 per hour or anything over & in between, you will.

Richard
I would say that to a certain extent the market dictates the price, if you push to high you will get no work and if you go to low you will soon have no business.

Quiet a few customers I have picked up know what the local prices are sitting at they just want to find someone reliable and for that will pay a couple of quid over the market.

This of course is just my opinion from my experiences.

The one thing I do need to harden myself to is a set minimum price

I had 2 new customers today that said they would like 6 week cleans and I said I would clean them 8 weekly. this is because Its easier to add them to the round and only go to that street once a month.

I dont charge extra, only sometimes on the first clean.

Latest Posts

Back