Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook

Anyone run a successfully page?

I've just made one and ran an advert which you can make only show up for your area and also set an age group.

I've set it to only show in Torquay and from ages 30-60, so far got 49 likes and 43 people have clicked on my ad, I have got 2 jobs from it so far and its been about 4 days.

its cost me £14 so far, not sure if its worth it yet but with the 2 jobs on a 6 week basis its quite good.

I also run a mobile phone repair page which has 1400 likes and I get about 5 jobs a week from that and word of mouth, I'm thinking that if this takes off i could get loads of customers.

Search Facebook for wanted/for sale (your area) there's loads with literally thousands of members. Join the groups and advertise your page from your personal account on there. They're free and reach as I said 1000s of locals.

good idea thanks mate. the advertising is just to get me some likes, I found with my other page once i had about 200 i stopped and then the likes still kept coming.

Ive had 12 in less than 24hrs from facebook !!!

All from just doing a little bit of detective work I will show you how to get jobs from facebook I will make a little video on how to do it and post it as part of the window cleaning forums competition lol .

Please take this advice: Dont pay for advertisement. It doesnt work not for us window cleaners anyway. If yuo want likes more business go for the for sale groups. Offer a prize to the people that share and or like your page. If you stick to the for sale grups you will have a targeted audience.

I offered a meal for 2, photo shoot another cheap way to do it. Is buy a euro millions tickets and offer to split the winnings with everyone that likes and shares your page. I must have got about 200 likes from doing this. All from my area, mostly! lol

All from just doing a little bit of detective work I will show you how to get jobs from facebook I will make a little video on how to do it and post it as part of the window cleaning forums competition lol .

oh dear I feel a prize winner coming on.

Anyone run a successfully page?

I've just made one and ran an advert which you can make only show up for your area and also set an age group.

I've set it to only show in Torquay and from ages 30-60, so far got 49 likes and 43 people have clicked on my ad, I have got 2 jobs from it so far and its been about 4 days.

its cost me £14 so far, not sure if its worth it yet but with the 2 jobs on a 6 week basis its quite good.

I also run a mobile phone repair page which has 1400 likes and I get about 5 jobs a week from that and word of mouth, I'm thinking that if this takes off i could get loads of customers.
Hi mate, what daily budget did you set yourself? I'm looking for more likes but i'm not sure how much to spend. I'm thinking of just testing the water @ £3 per day for 10 days and see what happens but not sure if that's enough

What type of page did you set up mate? Is it a group page? Business page? Or is if off your personal page? I'm looking into Facebook currently and there just seems to be so many different opinions on what works what to do and what type of page you should have etc

Theres absolutely no need to pay for facebook advertising, create a personal profile, create a business page with that, advertise the page on for sale/wanted pages via your personal account.

Thats it, how successful you are depends on the way you do it ie design a little square flyer and grab some attention, offer some incentive.

The most successful people I know of using facebook for this DO NOT pay.

I tried paying it never worked. Your better off posting in the for sale groups and/or having a prize for every milestone of likes i.e 100/200/500. It worked for me and draws in more customers far more than the paid add does.

I'm currently running an ad campaign to test the water. I've set my budget for £3 a day for 10 days, if i get 1 job ill be happy and do it again with a bit more money behind it. I've had my facebook page for about 4-5 months now and have got to 93 likes and a few jobs.

Doing a paid for campaign can't do any wrong!

I'm currently running an ad campaign to test the water. I've set my budget for £3 a day for 10 days, if i get 1 job ill be happy and do it again with a bit more money behind it. I've had my facebook page for about 4-5 months now and have got to 93 likes and a few jobs.
No no no no no !!!!

Do not pay for advertising on Facebook .....

Spending money when you dont need too is wrong. Fair play to you.

For £3 a day it's worth a shot. I could just go out and knock more doors for free but that's not the point really. This is more of a test, a gamble I suppose

Your video is great mate by the way, I'm up and running with my Facebook page thanks to you, just a question though, how often do you post your business up on the group pages you have joined?

I'm literally joining as many as I can and posting my business and the link to my page, but is doing this once enough or should I be doing this daily? Weekly?

Back