Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Windows Still Dirty

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trevor62

I got a WFP cleaner to do my windows, they have not been cleaned for years :Image1: , unfortunately they still have quite a lot of that murky look about them, not clear at all. Is it best to clean the windows with a cloth first time before you start using the WFP, just for the first time to get that hard to remove murk, even rubbing it with a cloth it needed a bit of elbow grease to shift it.

Any opinions?

If he only used a cold water fed system i`d say that wouldn`t be sufficient.

A hot system would have more luck, but i would still use a de greasing agent like ubik 2000 or similar for really bad first time cleans.

So if I cleaned the windows (cold pure water) you'd think that's not sufficient?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

On bad frames, sills and glass pure water even using hot I've found is not that great on some first cleans. Mind you I happen to be perfectionist so tend to use ubik also other chems too when required.

Some on here trad the windows first too on first cleans before using wfp next visit which I can understand why they do. :Image16:

Thought I would mention that brands like unger have developed soap deispensers that go inline on a wfp pole.

Also this is an interesting vid as demonstrates a firm using a sprayer tank to apply gg4 through a wfp and white scrub pad on the end to scrub the filthy glass first.

What do you think?

EVERY first clean I have done or anyone working here has been 99% perfect.

If they haven't done a good job then that's the operator.

Thanks all for those good replies, that video was informative also, when I first saw that the windows were not up to scratch I questioned whether this system was going to get me into a full-time job, after consideration I realised that these windows would need a special first clean to remove years of neglect, so I'm considering to do all first cleans in the traditional way but do the rinse with the WFPS.

I'm still hoping to go out with a windy to learn some parts of the game, also would like to know where to buy equipment in London so I can go view some items to get a visual grasp too.

Cheers :Image7:

Wny not?

It's well known to most seasoned wfp users that soap/digresser is required on some first cleans even when using hot/warm water.

Personally I would not trad using ladders as no need unless I was removing paint etc from glass or the frames/sills were a problem to get clean.

Instead I would simply apply the cleaning agent onto a wfp white pad doodle bug pad holder or old brush first, scrub, then rinse very well with pure. Then after that clean the windows again as normal for as near perfect results you can achieve if done right.

You alway come accross how you respond to posts like you are a massive firm Damo so I'm just wondering now how many including yourself actualy clean windows?

EVERY first clean I have done or anyone working here has been 99% perfect.

If they haven't done a good job then that's the operator.

You alway come accross how you respond to posts like you are a massive firm Damo so I'm just wondering now how many including yourself actualy clean windows?
Not massive at all.

Full time two

Part time 1 - 4 (as when needed)

Split between my company and dads company.

Nooooo lol

I had my own round for 8 years then had a bad accident. Fell off a roof.

Came back to window cleaning in 2010

I have my own round but my dad started his round around 10 years ago.

But we all share work and workers.

For simplicity my van is sign written in my dads name.

Just about to get another van sign written.

It's just so expensive.

I say we as is usually me and my dad. As we do most of the work is say.

Certainly don't think we are big or above window cleaners in my area.

I have spent around 4 hours on the phone to Mr B Shine as he is just starting out. He lives near by.

But I do earn what I think is a very decent wage for what I do and what work it is.

Regular cleaning is easy!

We all no first cleans are hard, but come on, you have to leave the windows clean. Its not that hard, a bit of extra effort on even the worst windows and you will have them spottless.... But its surprising how many dudes are doing this wrong, when i first started canvassing the customers didn't want to no about WFP, they kept saying my last window cleaner used them and i wasn't happy with the results and it was leaving marks all over the windows. F Knows what these guys are doing with it but wfp had a bad name around here due to miss use. Done right even by an novice the windows will be perfect and as clean as any trad method. We are not building space rockets here

Nooooo lolI had my own round for 8 years then had a bad accident. Fell off a roof.

Came back to window cleaning in 2010

I have my own round but my dad started his round around 10 years ago.

But we all share work and workers.

For simplicity my van is sign written in my dads name.

Just about to get another van sign written.

It's just so expensive.

I say we as is usually me and my dad. As we do most of the work is say.
I thought you said you'd been going 13 years. Sure I read that in one of your posts.

We all no first cleans are hard, but come on, you have to leave the windows clean. Its not that hard, a bit of extra effort on even the worst windows and you will have them spottless.... But its surprising how many dudes are doing this wrong, when i first started canvassing the customers didn't want to no about WFP, they kept saying my last window cleaner used them and i wasn't happy with the results and it was leaving marks all over the windows. F Knows what these guys are doing with it but wfp had a bad name around here due to miss use. Done right even by an novice the windows will be perfect and as clean as any trad method. We are not building space rockets here
I've seen some jobs where it's obvious the wfp'er hasn't' bothered to rinse the glass :-(

I thought you said you'd been going 13 years. Sure I read that in one of your posts.
Yep 13 years. Started in 1999/2000 when I had my accident I only worked weekends and did bungalows.
I kept my round going but was eventually it was sold off.

Anything else you wanna know or ask.

Ya know coz I'm full of bull**** obviously.

Ask mr b shine from the forum. He has seen one of the vans kitted out.

Roll eyes.

Yep 13 years. Started in 1999/2000 when I had my accident I only worked weekends and did bungalows.I kept my round going but was eventually it was sold off.

Anything else you wanna know or ask.

Ya know coz I'm full of bull**** obviously.

Ask mr b shine from the forum. He has seen one of the vans kitted out.

Roll eyes.
Touchy. 8 years and 2010 - 2013 adds up to 11. Just thought I'd get clarification and you clarified by saying you worked between part-time.

No more questions.

I'm glad now that I pointed this issue out, since this can be an occurrence with a window that has been neglected for a prolonged period. If I were a customer getting my windows done for the first-time and they were left still looking tired, I would probably cancel the windie, so its first impressions that counts, I will certainly make the extra effort and time on the first clean. :Image13:

Just a thought, with the use of UBIK and other agitators, are they safe to use on all types of frames?

Latest Posts

Back