Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin Bottle Connectors

mak2503

I need help with the connectors on my resin bottles. At present I use Hozelock connectors but in the past few weeks I have used brass ones and aquastop ones but they just all seem to leak.

I have read on here that John Guest produce really good connectors but which ones would be suitable for my bottles. I have attached a picture to give you an idea of the sort of bottle I have.

The connectors have to be able to connect to normal sized garden hose diameter as that's what I use for my tank.

Em....you do know uv put a link up with a 115 pics in it don't ya lolll nice black lab by the way /emoticons/smile.png

Might be a silly question but why have you got a di tank in your van?

I produce pure water from a static ro/di system also harvest purified rainwater so have no need to have a di or ro connected up it in the van in the first place.

They leak on me constantly. I was thinking of going down the route of harvesting the rainwater and then I don't need to have the bottles in the van. Sometimes I like the option if I run out of water that I can top up at customers homes.

Best treat yourself to a new di tank or try replacing the complete di head assembly as I can see by the pic you have red tape around that too so I'm guessing that tends to leak from there as well.

Or the cheaper option might be is to find somewhere that sells replacement di connectors & seals. So I would give some suppliers a call to find out the best way to fix it myself.

They leak on me constantly. I was thinking of going down the route of harvesting the rainwater and then I don't need to have the bottles in the van. Sometimes I like the option if I run out of water that I can top up at customers homes.

Thanks for the reply. The red tape is my own way of distinguishing between bottles. I have the red tape in the middle as one strip for bottle 1 and two strips for my bottle 2. I see how it looks like I have taped it up though.

I only get the leaks off the Hozelock type connectors.

They should not leak at all unless they is something wrong with them. On the top of the vessel they should be a round rubber gasket that sits on top of the vessel before screwing the top on. As for the hose connection they should not be any leaks at all

Latest Posts

Back