Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Old Leaded Windows?

vespawho

Had a call tonight to look at a job on monday, she said that 80% of the windows are old style leaded. Asked how i clean and said WFP....she is worried that the water will go through. I have cleaned trad and wfp leaded windows and been ok but.....

I get the impression they are not in the best condition, will see on monday.

Do any of you do any that are really old and the lead is getting a bit suspect? Will they leak?

If they are that bad then doing trad way would be just as bad from the point of putting pressure on them?

Yeah. At the mo I'm using flash window spray & it's brilliant. I also use astonish tile & window cleaner which I found good. Just spray a small amount & buff. Lead comes up nice to. I use a window micro cloth to buff up.

ok cool thanks for that.

I was only ever shown wiping over with a soapy old applicator sleeve and then buff with scrim....hated doing them! lol

I guess you charge bit more for it as takes time?

Well just looked at it....what a lovely old place! Nice little million pound weekend house!! lol

Met lovely young lady there, thought wow, your either the daughter or got a stinking rich husband.....

Turns out she is the housekeeper lol

Only 25% is old lead and i think only one window will be a problem. Have said will give it a go WFP and see how we go, if i have to do ladder and cloth job price will go up a bit.

She thought price was ok, just wait for her to call client.

On a plus note, she has a few other clients and will see if she can get me in there as well. Took some leaflets to give out to her customers and friends :-)

Fingers crossed :-)

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.