Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice On What To Do Please

Laugher

Just getting round to finally getting a van mount for my van however I have a combo and its the lower payload 600kg which has got me thinking what size tank to go for as I think a 250 litre would mean me having to go home and fill up half way through the day but a 350 litre would put me over weight after putting everything in the van and me lol

Do many of you use a 250 tank? I got through 220 litres quite easy using the backpack

So any advice/ideas would be grateful thank you as not sure what to do

Laugher the window cleaners I know who have the smaller van with 250lt tanks usually go home and get more water for the afternoon work.

Richard

Also with a 350 you will probably only be able to fill to around 300/325.

As if you brim it and go down a hill or over speed bumps it

Can force leaks.

Where are you based I forget now ?

Ps quote my post so I remember

Until recently I had a 250 litre tank in my Vauxhall combo and I had to find places to fill up at least once but usually twice a day. In the winter when some people turn their outside taps off I wasted a lot of time trying to find a tap that was on and not frozen. I had my Vari Stream set to 5 so it's not like I was blasting water out. And I was working 9-5 so it's also going to depend on how much work you plan to do.

I also went from using a back pack to using a tank and reel. I find I am now using at least double the water on a job than I used to. I don't know why probably just got better at cleaning and realised I needed to rinse more. That may not be the case with yourself but I found estimating how much water I would use based on my back pack usage didn't translate to the same amount I now use with a tank.

Also with a 350 you will probably only be able to fill to around 300/325.

As if you brim it and go down a hill or over speed bumps it

Can force leaks.

Where are you based I forget now ?

Ps quote my post so I remember
I never fort about leaks if filled to the top lol
I live in horncastle Lincolnshire

Until recently I had a 250 litre tank in my Vauxhall combo and I had to find places to fill up at least once but usually twice a day. In the winter when some people turn their outside taps off I wasted a lot of time trying to find a tap that was on and not frozen. I had my Vari Stream set to 5 so it's not like I was blasting water out. And I was working 9-5 so it's also going to depend on how much work you plan to do. I also went from using a back pack to using a tank and reel. I find I am now using at least double the water on a job than I used to. I don't know why probably just got better at cleaning and realised I needed to rinse more. That may not be the case with yourself but I found estimating how much water I would use based on my back pack usage didn't translate to the same amount I now use with a tank.
Well I was planning on working 9-5 like I normally do now just didn't want to have to keep filling it up few times a day as some work is 10-15 miles away from where I live

Laugher the window cleaners I know who have the smaller van with 250lt tanks usually go home and get more water for the afternoon work.
Richard
I might have to do that as I can't afford a bigger van at the moment

Ah right ok. I thought you was close ish coz of RC.

I'm in bedfordshire. I don't think it will be worth ya while. But I will be selling my 350 flat tank and be simple cage for a

Combo soon.

If you run from a van. You will eat 350L in no time at all.

I run a 350 tank and I use a trolley system.

It has two holes in top. One for filling and one for pumping out to trolley. With fittings.

I always brim my tank and have never had a problem with leaks.....but I do screw the tank lid back on :Image3: .

Leeks on the other-hand though, do give me problems........lots of flatulence :Image4: :Image13: .

Ah right ok. I thought you was close ish coz of RC.

I'm in bedfordshire. I don't think it will be worth ya while. But I will be selling my 350 flat tank and be simple cage for a

Combo soon.

If you run from a van. You will eat 350L in no time at all.

I run a 350 tank and I use a trolley system.

It has two holes in top. One for filling and one for pumping out to trolley. With fittings.
Oh right was thinking about a upright tank as still need room to fit a lawn mower in the back until I stop all my grass cutting and I don't have a trailer license so I can't tow a trailer.
It's gotta be easier than me filling my backpack trolley by hand all the time lol only plus side my arms will be like arnie soon lol

I always brim my tank and have never had a problem with leaks.....but I do screw the tank lid back on :Image3: .

Leeks on the other-hand though, do give me problems........lots of flatulence :Image4: :Image13: .
Haha that's why I don't eat them! Lol

AH!

Yes you will need an upright then.

Tbh I would see about upgrading the van.

I would imagine its probably just springs and shocks.

In a ideal world I would just get a new van but don't want to spend to much money as will hopefully be moving out of parents home and live with my missus in the next few weeks

Seems like everything all happens at once lol

I might have to do that as I can't afford a bigger van at the moment
The cleaners I know who have similar sizes system all of them do ok, with some doing extremely well. It’s a good set up Laugher, just has to be tailored to a suitable round, just like any other sized system.

You can earn a lot of money with a small van system. I bet there will be more window cleaners with larger van/system who don’t fully utilise it.

Richard

I know of one cleaner who makes and stores water at a customers house.

He pays the water bill which is around £40 a month.

He just has an RO Into an ibc tank. Takes a few days to fill but it has an overflow protection. And it can't flood customers garage.

Customer gets her windows cleaned for free and also she can use any of the waste water. Or pure water for irons and her compete water bill paid.

Back