Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dripping Causing Spotting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

alex1987

I recently changed over from trad to wfp, and I am getting inconsitent results in my first month. Half the houses I clean have come out perfect, but I noticed this week all the jobs I did had drip lines and spotting. I cleaned my own house after reading various different bits of advice, rinse rinse and rinse etc, and noticed that it was dripping 10-15mins after the clean that was causing spotting, both upstairs and downstairs. Can anyone give me some advice on how to prevent this and to overcome spotting. Thanks!

Turn the water of and wipe the sill will stop the drips faster, but tbh, I have never had an issue with it, even bouncing of stone or wooden sills, so question if that's it

That's true I've never had a problem , what I do see sometimes when I clean a window is a drip that comes from the black seal at the top of the glass and forms a long dotted line , all I do is rinse the rest of the windows then go back and rinse the one with the dotted line kind of like cut the line in half when your rinsing if that makes sense lol

That's true I've never had a problem , what I do see sometimes when I clean a window is a drip that comes from the black seal at the top of the glass and forms a long dotted line , all I do is rinse the rest of the windows then go back and rinse the one with the dotted line kind of like cut the line in half when your rinsing if that makes sense lol
I think that is largely the problem I am getting, but it seems to happen like a good 10 minutes after I finish. I did my own house, and watched it dry (lol very boring) and then the water dripped out from the rubber. I don't want to be hanging around for 10 minutes. I'll do what you said today and watch for those rubber dripps. I just don't get why half the houses come out perfect, and the other half don't.

We brought a trad round about 8 years ago and at the same time changed it to wfp. We had also never used wfp before. The previous cleaners didn't clean the frames, so they were minging. The first wash was a scrub to get the frames clean as well as the windows. We then went onto the next house and did the same. Infact we did about 4 before going back to the first house to clean just the windows again. By that time they had stopped dripping. Toward the end of the day, we checked each house we had done and did any touch ups.

We spent ages per house on the first clean, but things were must easier after that.

We put it down to the filthy state of the windows and frames, as well as our poor technique as we were learning the system. You will get there. We still do the twice over for new cleans - a really good scrub of frames and windows all the way round, followed by a glass clean. I did a recent new clean that was very dirty. I found that it was easier to let the windows dry over night and redo the clean first thing the next morning.

Most trad cleaners are advised to prepare their windows by giving the frames a good clean before introducing wfp. This will help.

We all have problems with the windows that have two opening windows above a large pane. You may never stop the streek down the centre. Nowdays we wash the top openers first and then do the bottom glass later.

We brought a trad round about 8 years ago and at the same time changed it to wfp. We had also never used wfp before. The previous cleaners didn't clean the frames, so they were minging. The first wash was a scrub to get the frames clean as well as the windows. We then went onto the next house and did the same. Infact we did about 4 before going back to the first house to clean just the windows again. By that time they had stopped dripping. Toward the end of the day, we checked each house we had done and did any touch ups.

We spent ages per house on the first clean, but things were must easier after that.

We put it down to the filthy state of the windows and frames, as well as our poor technique as we were learning the system. You will get there. We still do the twice over for new cleans - a really good scrub of frames and windows all the way round, followed by a glass clean. I did a recent new clean that was very dirty. I found that it was easier to let the windows dry over night and redo the clean first thing the next morning.

Most trad cleaners are advised to prepare their windows by giving the frames a good clean before introducing wfp. This will help.

We all have problems with the windows that have two opening windows above a large pane. You may never stop the streek down the centre. Nowdays we wash the top openers first and then do the bottom glass later.
Thanks a lot for your advice. I think what you said is exactly correct. I think I have been treating my first time cleans as a regular clean. I increased the flow today and did frame scrub up frame scrub down rinse rinse today and used double the water. It has made all the difference. You live and learn, but theres no way round a first clean other than to put that extra work in. Thanks again.

Thanks a lot for your advice. I think what you said is exactly correct. I think I have been treating my first time cleans as a regular clean. I increased the flow today and did frame scrub up frame scrub down rinse rinse today and used double the water. It has made all the difference. You live and learn, but theres no way round a first clean other than to put that extra work in. Thanks again.
When you get a new customer, try to charge more for the initial clean. At least that way you will have justified doing the extra work.

For your existing customers you just have to grin and bear it. Expect your turn over to be down this month, but it will turn around in a few months once the windows are 'sterile' and you don't have to put the same effort into the job.

Back