Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Inflation Calculator

Handy, yes, but you must always work your prices as well as beware of this.

Averages 3.7% per year on the £pound, and this has been consistent for the past 30 years; so if your turnover is £30,000 last year – you must increase your prices by £1,110 the following year. Following year after this it would be another increase of £1,150.70p and the year after £1,193.64. So after 3 years your £30k turnover is (should be) now £33,454.34p.

So for example if you 300 customers, average increase in the price for the first year per customer is £3.70 to maintain your current level of income. The idea of putting a pound on the price once a year means you are losing money.

All of this just to keep up with inflation; much easier to do when you work your prices each week/month, at the same time you also think about actually having price increases.

If you have read & understand my book ‘Winning at Window Cleaning, it explains how to work the price increases easily, so you don’t have to worry about the inflation rate (or devaluation of the £pound.)

Richard

If you have read & understand my book ‘Winning at Window Cleaning, it explains how to work the price increases easily, so you don’t have to worry about the inflation rate (or devaluation of the £pound.)

Richard
I am in the process of reading it, not had much time this weekend! will be very helpful tho I can see! I also fitted the duel trim hybrid brush to my Gardiner quick loq fitment today & looking forward to using it this week!

Pretty cool, my dad has got some customers who were £5 in 2001 and are still £5 today.

I hope you like the brush Oliver; take you time with your prices, working your prices a little each week; each new customer is an opportunity to improve the round.

Richard

All too easy Damo to get into the habit of not keeping on top of your prices, once you have got the customer on your round

Richard

Latest Posts

Back