Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Prices On Leaflets?

newleaf

I am just about to design and get some leaflets printed, my main business carpet cleaning i never put prices on as it is such a variable, however what about window cleaning, thinking along the lines of 2 bed house from £9, 3 bed house from £10 etc or would i better off leaving prices off and quoting.

personally I have put

available from £7*

*price subject to change based on house size/frequency/window/ type/first cleans double

Lets people who have literally no idea how much window cleaning costs a figure to go from, without you commiting a price.

9 times out of 10 price is not an issue for leaflet customers, as they have seeked you out and want you to clean, so I would generally advise you to leave it off and quote when you see the job as they will accept your price if it is the going rate.

I am just about to design and get some leaflets printed, my main business carpet cleaning i never put prices on as it is such a variable, however what about window cleaning, thinking along the lines of 2 bed house from £9, 3 bed house from £10 etc or would i better off leaving prices off and quoting.
If you wanted to put a price on the leaflet, you could put a starting from price – which could be your minimum price to attract all potential customers

If you don’t want to attract customers who are price conscious, put a higher price on display to deter them from wasting your time.

When you do start to work your prices, you won’t want to advertise to potential customers, prices that are below your current/future average price, (unless its part of a bigger plan). What would be the point in taking a step forwards by gaining a new customer, then immediately taking 2 steps back, when that customer lowers your average price?

Never take on a new customer below your current average price – always above, this works, it doesn’t work the other way round. You will only end up with a very large customer base, with hundreds of extra customers you wouldn’t need, if you priced correctly in the first place.

Prices are never stationary, only window cleaners are.

Richard

id be careful putting a "from" price as i did a commercial clean a few weeks back and thought id try the other units next door one of them said yes to an outside only clean and it was only 1 door and 1 small window and a tiny window over a toilet so not really worth the £3 i charged!

Latest Posts

Back