Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatories

newleaf

When cleaning trad, do you offer to clean con's too, if so how much, and what about roof's, not been able to find out much about this area of window cleaning and feeling a little unsure.

if its going to be a hot day ,do the roof first thing in the morning otherwise itll dry so quick you wont have time to squeegee it and look bad . make sure you have an 18 inch swivel t bar and a swivel squeegee/wagtail on a pole

You can also make yourself a water fed pole out of a Harris pole simple enough or instead buy something like an x-line evolution glass fibre wfp for conservatory roof cleaning too. Then just connect the wfp to customers outside tap to clean the conservatory roof either from the ground or preferably by ladder for best results. Adding/spraying a soap solution or preferred chem will aid the cleaning process so to be able to scrub the roof including frames, pointy bits (if any) and plastic or glass roof panels properly. To finish of simply trad the glass roof panels clean or rinse well with pure water.

Hope this helps?

You can also make yourself a water fed pole out of a Harris pole simple enough or instead buy something like an x-line evolution glass fibre wfp for conservatory roof cleaning too. Then just connect the wfp to customers outside tap to clean the conservatory roof either from the ground or preferably by ladder for best results. Adding/spraying a soap solution or preferred chem will aid the cleaning process so to be able to scrub the roof including frames, pointy bits (if any) and plastic or glass roof panels properly. To finish of simply trad the glass roof panels clean or rinse well with pure water.

Hope this helps?
Smurf, I wonder if you could elaborate on this ?
Although I know the principle of wfp, I have absolutely no idea about the equipment especially the water works side such as how I'd get the water from a tap to the top of the brush. Also, how I would incorporate ubik.

The most I've done conservatory wise is clean the glass(traditionally) but, I am getting increased pressure to clean roofs and have so far turned down this type of work although, I really do fancy it.

Thanks....

Mart.

If you go on to the tutorial & tips section it shows you how to make the Harris wfp. A lot of us used one to start with & I still use mine to do connie roofs.

Thanks Posh. I've already converted an Harris pole for the trad unger cone so that really shouldn't be a problem(doing it again I mean) but, the side I have no clue about really is how to get the water from the tap to the tip of the brush as I say. Looking through the tutorial section though as you recommended, I found an excellent thread from Dodger that was started and finished before I joined the forum:-

https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/3215-wfp-on-a-tight-budget-using-a-pressure-sprayer/

I found this extremely interesting and am now considering going through the same root although to clean con roofs, facia's guttering etc rather than to clean windows.

Mart.

All you need to fit a wfp jetted brush to a harris type pole is the following bits

Plastic angle crank

Resi-Neck_Type2_std_125.jpg

Jetted wfp brush

Brush_Yellow_Flocked_350.jpg

Pole hose

Orange_Pole_Hose.jpg

Hozelock male end

Nylon_Male_Pole_Hose_Connector_125.jpg

There are vids on here somewhere showing how to put one together

Only thing I would say I've found the clamps on a harris pole are rubbish for daily use so I now prefer to use a proper wfp instead

So after saying that it would be better to invest in a decent lite wfp instead which is long enough to be able to clean conservatories, guttering, fascia & soffits from the ground. When ordering get a hozelock male fitted to the end of pole hose. Simples

You don't need pure water to clean plastic but it's also worth considering making your own pure water as the costs to set up a diy wfp system is now dirt cheep. That way you are able to offer wfp windows cleaning too for windows you can't reach by trad.

There is good money to be made offering what I call exterior deep cleaning but it's defo hard graft.

Example little job

Guttering cleared out only & conservatory roof cleaned £140 + £15 tip from customer

View attachment 3520

View attachment 3521

Used tap water for the roof & ubik where required then rinsed with pure

View attachment 3522

Then after washed window above & side of the conservatory with pure for free

View attachment 3523

Customer was suprised how much **** came out of the guttering and how clean the conservatory looked afterwards so gave me a £15 tip. Job done :Image9:

Also may I point out like today you can work out in the rain too when using the right kit unlike trad window cleaning. :Image9:

All you need to fit a wfp jetted brush to a harris type pole is the following bits

Plastic angle crank

Jetted wfp brush

Pole hose

Hozelock male end

There are vids on here somewhere showing how to put one together

Only thing I would say I've found the clamps on a harris pole are rubbish for daily use so I now prefer to use a proper wfp instead

So after saying that it would be better to invest in a decent lite wfp instead which is long enough to be able to clean conservatories, guttering, fascia & soffits from the ground. When ordering get a hozelock male fitted to the end of pole hose. Simples

You don't need pure water to clean plastic but it's also worth considering making your own pure water as the costs to set up a diy wfp system is now dirt cheep. That way you are able to offer wfp windows cleaning too for windows you can't reach by trad.

There is good money to be made offering what I call exterior deep cleaning but it's defo hard graft.
Nice one Smurf. That's more the sort of thing I needed to know. Will have to have a look around for those bits and any links that anyone can supply would be appreciated. I really fancy Dodgers idea of using the hand pump though. It really will only be used for cleaning upvc and roofs etc.
Mart.

Also may I point out like today you can work out in the rain too when using the right kit unlike trad window cleaning. :Image9:
Bah....give it up, I ain't listening....I'm a tradder and always will be
xImage13.png.pagespeed.ic.J8CNSnfRDV.png

That's what they all say until they realise how much extra dosh they could be earning :Image13:

Bah....give it up, I ain't listening....I'm a tradder and always will be
xImage13.png.pagespeed.ic.J8CNSnfRDV.png

Other thing you could actually do, you know the poles you get for cleaning cars? that also have a soap resivoir?! ever thought of that?

So, I was thinking of buying one of these

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Landscaping/Sprinklers%20&%20Sprayers/Pressure%20Spraygun/d130/sd2701/p84908

and one of these

http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/telescopic-car-brush-1597-p.asp

Both available locally to me, infact, I could get the sprayer today. I would then need some garden hose ?

I was thinking of filling the sprayer with my ubik mix, if this works ok then maybe buying a second sprayer which I'd fill with water for rinsing off.

Does this lot sound stupid or could it work for what I want.....any help appreciated.

Mart.

ps....maybe this thread should now be moved to conservatory cleaning as it's abit out of place here ?

Back